Holidays4heroes (semi urgent help needed)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, May 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Over the weekend an arrser made us aware of a shark outfit taking advantage of a 24 yr served, disabled (mentally and physically) RCT / RLC type.

His house has gone through the suspended and possessed route and they are still in there (just) having been given a short stay of eviction from a county court judge who was able to see the bigger picture.

Oddly, the arrears aren't a ridiculous amount in the grand scheme of things, but the payments in relation to amount borrowed are crippling...... His wife is at the end of her tether and is trying to do her best. To their credit, apart from the pirate mortgage there are no other amounts owing, even council tax and water is upto date.

She is going to work, so it was the 24 yr soldier who was greeted by the bailiffs wanting to evict him......... It won't be happening again.

we'll be working this week to either re mortgage them (doubtful) or push through a scenario where their mortgage payments drop significantly, that way they can live on his pension and attendance allowance (when awarded)

SSAFA are aware, be we all know that the flash to bang time isn't as quick as ours and as much as trogs are crap we can't have one thrown on the streets :D

I need some help in reducing arrears by whatever amount possible, prior to me attending court later this week to get all this nonsense set aside and relieving this family from the absolute torture this loan outfit are putting them through

paypal: info @

HSBC: Holidays4heroes

Sort code: 40-12-09
    Acct No: 41416081
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Will look at Chieftain pruchasing fund tonight but it's had a little bit of a hammering. Need to connect ref fund raiser in Oct fairly soon.
  3. How much are you tallking about mate?

Sorry I forgot to add - the normal sent by Paypal.
  4. The arrears is £2.5k with a payment due tomorrow. Not huge in comparison to some we've done, its purely the ferocity in which the loan company have gone for repossession and how quickly they are attempting to push it through.

They would move but the house is 90% converted for his wheelchair and caters for his disabilities, we won't see him moved.

I'll be involving his Corps Association RBL and others later today, but by the time something is done there its likely to be too late. This one is right up our alley and precisely what we are good at.
  5. we don't need to full amount, just an offering to the court to buy some time to set aside the eviction and get a repayment plan and exit strategy from their current loan.
  6. Money inbound via paypal.
    Not much but all I've got until payday later this week.
  7. msr

msr LE

This loans company needs naming and shaming.

I do hope you will be involving the press.

8. Incoming tomorrow
  9. Yep, as soon as I've ensure they keep their home
  10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

MDN Ref our conversation, I'm in.
  12. Please except my donations via Holidays4heroes HSBC Acc. Hope you manage to sort this problem out for the young man.
  13. The bear just got sprung unless thats for something else?