Holidays4heroes(needs doers, rapid)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have a young lad who is 10 has just been diagnosed with macular dystrophy which means he is losing his sight , and has gone from full vision to visually impaired on the space of 4 months. And its unsure how much time is left before he loses that to...... Icing on the cake, his five year old sister will go the same way.

His father wants to give him visual memories while he can. he clearly has enough on his plate and I want to lighten some of the burden with our help.

His dad wants him to see as much as he can, as soon as he can.

I have pretty much sewn up the Army Air Corps side of things and a good pal of mine is working on hosting him at the centre of excellence and handsomeness.

What I want is the names of contacts, friends in connected places who can get him hands on in places such as Bovington, Wallop, Farnborough, Boscomble, pretty much anywhere there is military hardware that will fuel a young lads drive and give him memories he can keep when the worst happens.

Not so much a financial one, although I'd liek to assure the family don't pick up any travelling bills, be good if we could cover petrol and the hotel for times they need a stay over.

This needs to happen pretty dam quick, we are against the clock and the more he sees the better.

If names are sensitive PM me

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

HSBC: Holidays4heroes

Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

2. Pennies incoming via paypal

3. Somebody must know someone in the Red Arrows, someone at Search and Rescue, someone to do with the Vulcan restoration.

someone here must be a high profile member on Pprune.

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

MDN,
    Check PM.

5. MDN a wee bung sent for travelling costs for the wee chap.

K

6. RHM, PM sent, pennies inbound. If they can travel to St Bees, I'm sure my brother could get them on a lifeboat. I don't think a tour of Sellafield would be too impressive though.

Sluggy xxx

7. I know we've got people on here who can jack him up a range visit, people who can bypass red tape and can make a fuss of him.

If you can think of an idea that will make a ten year old lads nuts fizz let me know, I want to make it happen (not make his nuts fizz, thats wrong...... but you know where i'm coming from)

8. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Doubt of he d find a coronary care unit of major interest, so a few pennies in the kitty for travelling costs etc.

Poor wee mite :(

9. As I am but a lowly TA wife I have sweet FA connections but what I do have is a 10 year old son of my own and a few spare pennies.
    Incoming via internet banking and sorry that this time it can only be cash.

10. Don't ever be sorry - thank you for whatever you can give. Time, cash, experiences - all will make a difference. Thank you

11. If anyone sees Bootiful knocking about tonight, and I miss catching her, can you tell her to give me a ring - I need her to do some sweet talking to the boys in gliders, unless anyone else can help out. I'm not posted there anymore so have lost all my contacts.

Thanks awfully.

Sluggy xxxxx

12. Headley Court, last week, had vacancies for holiday chalet in Jersey. Nice location friendly helpers etc. They needed taking up. I only have the general phone number for HC PM if required.

13. will make a couple of enquiries; no promises.

14. Sent a PM. Additionally does the lad ski? Does he want to spend a morning with the British Telemark Ski Team?

15. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I have some contacts at Boscombe will see what I can drum up from there, not promising anything.

S_R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.