Holidays4heroes (marches scrounge)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Mar 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 18 years served ex servicemen, Banner, herrick, Telic & Granby faced house reposession. Managed to get him a very short stay of execution giving me some time to formulate a reasonable budget, negotiate with the lender to vary rates and capitalise arrears etc, all of which is being done behind the scenes.

He is a victim of bad luck, he is a trier and very much an acheiver, stupid squaddie self pride wouldn't let him tell anyone he was in trouble (untill someone bubbled him :D) Ysterday his house was saved pending rapid action from us.

I've managed to capitalise (so far) half the arrears if the remainder can be cleared, this will take him out of a fixed term and on to a variable (which in simple terms knocks about £450 a month of his mortgage, making it payable affordable and sustainable. Its not my plan to give him a short term fix and place him back in the same situation again in three months time. (Other agencies are involved and aware as of last night and will help, its doubtful whether it will be in time, hence the need for the QRF type facility of Holidays4heroes)

Also, our chap who we needed shelter and housing for and a decent employment breif is ok, we need to find an amount towards his housing again this month while his benefits kick in. Thanks to members of this site watchign in, he was placed with a pretty damm goo and helpful employment lawyer who is hopefully going to see him get what he deserves. (I'm working on a picture of her legs, but its not forthcoming yet..... She will crumble :D)

Our adopted lad with malacular dystrophy (spelling) is currentl on the train to London to see the sites, prior to travellign to Middle Wallop on Sunday to spend the day bathign in Flash's farts and being shown the museum of army Aviation and handsomeness... Monday he gets a flying suit, flies in a Lynx, crawls all over apache's works as a groundcrewman prior to boarding the simulator and making like Ed Macy. Then he gets taken back to the station in a sirens flasing police car

Thursday is becomes a guest of the RHF at Pennycook where he will be robbed at knifepoint and forced to take heroine...... (obviosuly joking... just cocaine)

They are giving him an unforgettable experience and will use the electronic range etc

To al those I've yet to contact, bear with us, I will be in touch.

Add to that the families of two KIA soldiers and one family including an injured infanteer to go out to Spain.

Pretty quiet week other than that!!!

Cough up fcuk faces, I could do with some help :D

paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

HSBC: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

2. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

Usual amount sent by E Banking. Should be with you early next week.

3. well, thats my Guinness money gone for tomorrows match and I was planning drinking an awful lot of Guinness. Funds sent and thanks for the update.

4. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Our adopted lad with malacular dystrophy (spelling) is currentl on the train to London to see the sites, prior to travellign to Middle Wallop on Sunday to spend the day bathign in Flash's farts and being shown the museum of army Aviation and handsomeness... Monday he gets a flying suit, flies in a Lynx, crawls all over apache's works as a groundcrewman prior to boarding the simulator and making like Ed Macy. Then he gets taken back to the station in a sirens flasing police car

Thursday is becomes a guest of the RHF at Pennycook where he will be robbed at knifepoint and forced to take heroine...... (obviosuly joking... just cocaine)

Tut tut MDN........ PENICUIK "heroines" stick to Bucky, not heroin!

Incoming from myself (and my daughter, currently at Penicuik)

5. Spelling takes second place to me being a lovegod!

Shush and cough up :D

6. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

No need to cough MDN, I spat it out immediately :p

7. Small payment sent.

Thanks for the updates mdn, you may be a shallow grotesque midgetbut you wont let that stop you

8. Good girl, try swallowing next time....

Thanks folks.

I'm back in court with this one AM tuesday

9. Awesome work MDN - even though I hate your handsome but rugged good looks! The usual millions of Zim dollars on it's way.

10. Just posted this and the Normandy requests on ArmyNET. Hopefully help will come in via that route.

11. Small donation made.

12. Donation paypalled.

Good on you MDN :D

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Bumping with a note that my usual payday donation will be on its way.

14. Paypal donation sent, sorry It couldn't be more

15. just to add a slant on grownup_rafbrat's posting:

I copy that transmission, over