Holidays4heroes (Its May)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, May 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two chaps from the same infantry bn looking to go out to Spain for a much deserved break, both managed to find a slot between treatment at Headley court.

Injuries, nasty, famillies clearly affected. (nuff said)

Can we get them away?

We have some welfare cases running in the background at the minute that are pretty much clearing us out, despite some cracking auctions.

Spanish Dave is away, in his absence I've managed to secure two properties next to each other so the two lads and their families can be together for a week.

Can we make it happen?

HSBC: Holidays4heroes

Sort code: 40-12-09
    Acct No: 41416081

Can't begin to explain how hectic it is at the minute but will try and put a six month sitrep together by midweek.

Noteable mentions for hard work in the interim, Pararegtom, blueygirl, wompingwillow, smurfette1975, bumper, Monty_the_crab_navy_dude, B_S , Meridan & Spanish Dave...... all of this would grind to a halt without them.

If I've missed anyone, its not personal, been up since 04:10 working on a debt case for a wedge bloke in Sheffield...... More about helping him later :D

For seven people, this time of year, I reckon we need a grand. If you have outstanding auction items, please cough up, I've already spent it. If you won on the Euro's last night, gizzit.... if you steal from your granny, don't spend it on smack and hariibo.... don't we could use it.
  2. You only need 900 now - I've just paid for my whisky :D

BTW - well done mate and keep up the good work!
  3. Incoming via the usual interweb banking thingy!
  4. A few bob incoming from Paypal

Great work, all of you guys !!
  5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I am in Spain hahahaha

Please donate as much as you can :D
  6. Another small drinking voucher in the tin for May.

Brilliant work from the usual crew...hope you occasionally allow yourselves a warm glow and a pat on the back.
  7. Rattle rattle rattle........ the tin for May is still rather low.
    How are we doing MDN? Are we near getting one of the lads out there yet?
  8. This month has crippled me with insurance and the like, bit come payday ill be sure to add to the kittie for them
  9. I won't say bump because it's gay, and my bank account is busy buying bears to go on their hollibobs.

Girls and boys, dig out your pennies and send them. It's not difficult.

It could be you one day.
  10. pop some in tomorrow
  11. A small donation sent via paypal
  12. Donny Osmond just hacked into my account.

He's sent you some pennies.

Nice teeth as well. :)
  13. It's still May when I last looked. How's the gathering going MDN?
  14. I'll have to raid Mrs Dave's pension when it comes in on Friday, together with my pennies bottle.....

I'm going to do a trawl around the local camp, too (not the gypo camp, the TA camp you wallies).
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A substantial sum of money incoming from my good self. I can afford it.

This does not make me a better person than you.

Actually, thats not strictly true.

Send a quid if thats all you can spring for. The baby Jesus is watching. So am I.