Holidays4heroes (Febuary scrounge)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Both Dave an I been inundated with bookings from widows of and families of injured servicemen.

Not just Iraq and Afganistan but Northern Ireland, Falklands but also Korea, So far fifteen or so families booked, at least ten more waiting for confirmation....... thats nearly half of what we did last year and we are only six weeks into the new year.

If anyone is venturing near Le torre during may, June, July or August the Irish bar is more likely to be run like the NAAFI bar, there are loads going over :D

As always however, there are still more. I can't single out any specific case as they are all equally deserving, even the booties and the crabs. Dave is in constant touch with the widows association and we've got to place four more families just this week, thats before the phone starts ringing.

People are still donating properties for breaks, coordinating that is no mean feat and Dave has had to go all hi-tech and homo with a Blackberry so Holidays4heroes can dominate his worktime as well as his free time. :D

Just a quick update on the last one from January. The chap who had his medals lost/robbed and replaced by you guys, here they are.....

Mounted by Just medals ( ) and i put them in a display case for him. He got them just before weekend, but I didn't hang around as he was pretty moved and I didn't want to get wobbly lipped in front of a crusty............... Thankyou for helping make this possible

We need more cash, more flights, hire cars, cleans to deal pay for. Also i've got a couple of welfare cases currently being verified and looked into. Hopefully that won't mean money but probably a considerable amount of time from myself and hopefully uncle ViroBono.

Bank payment: HSBC

Acct name: holidays4heroes
    Sort Code: 40-12-09
    Acct No: 41416081
  2. Bank transfer done for £30, takes four days though.
  3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I've sent myself a reminder to home e-mail, I'll drop some in tonight.

4. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

For crying out loud - I ll be teetotal at this rate!!

This weekend's wine vouchers on their way (Valentine's Day too!!)
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I'm teetotal at the moment due to the requirements of some medication :(
    NOT a happy bunny ...

Anyway, I thought that would make a change from just saying "Bump". :lol:

MDN, I know you and Dave are working your borrocks off at the moment - so just a quick "Thanks and Well Done" from here to you two.
  6. £20 - 'cos I'm skint this month
  7. "Blue's got the clap" non-shocker. :wink:

8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Does Dave hit the Facebook site with the bowl as there are over 140 members now, many who I know do not frequent arrse.
  9. He does send out the odd message to the members. My usual incoming after payday, and hopefully to be increased from next month (who needs food, vodka or petrol anyway! :wink: )
  10. MDN, Cheque inbound.
  11. Standing order set up, Monthly, Oh Fcuk food, from LIDL again
  12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The bratties and frigadelas are fine, whats up with you.
  13. Here you go
  14. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Ah well, gives me a warm fluffy feeling to know Im giving up my alkihol rations out of choice, not necessity!!

Oh and....................................bump!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.