Holidays4Heroes - David Beckham Watch (Proper Bling)

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by The_Snail, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As some of you may have read, there was a Charity Cricket Match at Crouch End yesterday, and they had an auction. Pararegtom was the fortunate winner of a David Beckham watch, and kindly gave it to me.

Unfortunately, as much as it grieves me to say so, (and grateful as I am) it weighs twice my body weight and when the sunlight catches it, it blinds everyone within a 12 mile radius. To that end, I am offering it up for auction with the proceeds going to Holidays4Heroes. I've googled it, and it apparently goes for $666, but some lucky person can probably have it for half of that. Here's a photo of it (mind your eyes!):

There's a reserve of £50 on it, but if you want to pay more, feel free! Happy bidding!
  2. WOW! that is so me £55
  3. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

That looks fantastic !!

And a big hug and thanks to Pararegtom for auctioning it for Hols4Heroes. :thumleft:
  4. YiM, it's even better in real life, and he is not happy with me for auctioning his "Token of Affection". I "won" a signed England Rugby shirt (not for auction!) and 4 tickets to Lords next year and might invite 2 lucky arrsers to come with me if they play their cards right and cough up enough dosh 8)
  5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

6. I'm wetting my pants in anticipation!

Here it is in real life, you can see how big it is compared to the ARRSE Challenge Coins:

Attached Files:

7. That's hideous, I'll pay £60 just to smash it
  8. You wouldn't smash it, you'd need to get 3 blokes to help you carry the hammer! It's maaahooosive!

Besides which, it's this year's fashion accessory - everyone should have one. :wink:
  9. I promise not to smash it if I can come to the cricket with you!
  10. That's sneaky willow, trying to do reverse psychology on the poor sluglike one
  11. Poor? Exceptionally poor after yesterday!!! WW, I'll allow you a freebie to come to the cricket with me after your efforts on the Plinth. We get a tour of Lords as well! Me, you and two others next season for any Middlesex match* when I get back from my travels.

I'm not auctioning my signed photo of Minty either.

*Terms and Conditions apply.
  12. :D £65

Boy, it is vile!
  13. I bid £85, right up my street
  14. You have actually looked at the photo of it haven't you?

Oh, and it has been worn by me (obviously :roll: ) Fwuffy, VH, PRT and Minty from Easties. It has also been within sniffing distance of Nigel Harman's bottom, which was very nice I might add. :D
  15. slug you've got very hairy arms in that photo... are you going from she to he?