Holidays4heroes (Christmas campaign)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hols4Heroes, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Its come around again, all to soon and we have a list of people longer than my johnson

There are no holidays, less a bloke who recently lost his 24 year old wife so there is nothing to sort there. We do however have a list of blokes on hard times or in financial strife who probably won't have a christmas without a bit leg up.

I will be looking at posting vouchers for toyrus, tesco etc out by 15th December latest. Not a life saving amount but a gesture to make them aware they aren't alone or in the sh1t. There are also those who are simply unable to afford the simple luxury of a Christmas dinner. We changed that for a number of people last year and would dearly like to do it again.

To send the people on the list £50 per kid and to square the xmas scoff away I need to raise £3650.

There are a couple of one off auction items over the next couple of days that may raise upto half of that. The rest is down to me scrounging off you cnuts :D

I haven't had a homeless bloke to deal with for a good few weeks, but now its getting cold you can bet the bastards will come out of the woodwork. Worry not, I have a garage full of flasks and Arctic sleeping bags!

I know things are tight at this time of year, but please consider those who wore the green skin who literally have bugger all this time of year, with kids who do deserve something to open on Christmas morning.

HSBC: holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

For every ten pounds donated you will get automatically entered into a raffle. The prize is a week in Le Torre, where we send our injured and the widows of the fallen.

Dig deep bastardos and merry chrimbo.
  2. Hols4Heroes

Further to my last.

If anyone has any old game consuls, Wii, Playstation, DS, PSP that sort of this, I can always move them on to those who have bugger all.

Please don't stitch me with broken ones though :D
  3. I have a ps2 which I don't play with any more, and some games as well, if you want it you can have it. I just to check it still works as I haven't used it in a couple of years. It's one of the thin ones, if that makes any sense

4. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Humbug :santa: see pm
  5. Hols4Heroes

So this runs like a gay advent calendar, I'll post a sitrep every morning rather than bump it continually.

PS2 fine, will fwd address.
  6. OK PS2 works, but I think one of the wires is a bit temperamental, and I don't know very much about them. So if you still want it then let me know. I also have 5 games to go with it.

7. £50 in; well, we have just been paid, and the bint I own pitches up on a flight tomorrow night. Happy times!

Come on boys & girls, even if it's a pound it all adds up!!

8. Paypal Sent

Gundulph and I will also provide two Veterans Coins which we will engrave with upto 10 letters and post in time for Chrimbo if you want to do a 5 day auction on them?

9. Am i right in thinking that sending money to through paypal it will get to you?

Just making sure that's all.
  10. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Yes mate....
  11. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

RESULT : Short list then, Incoming
  12. Thank's mate, It's sorted.
  13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Good start, £210 in.

Auction items will be up by tomorrow evening.
  14. I'll sort out a couple of quid when I'm back home. The equivalent of the diesel I've not used this week while the snow has kept us stuck here in the middle of nowhere.
  15. I believe that 20th Century military history books and biographies...preferably signed by the Author..fetch a decent premium....just all...;P