Holidays to semi dodgy countries

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by voice, Jul 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but thought it looked most likely.

    Was wondering who I will need to ask permission from (chain of command wise before anyone says my mum!) in order to go to Eygpt, as I have heard there are restrictions on service personnel going.

    Cheers in advance
  2. We used to pop over to Egypt from Cyprus just on a mere whim (well a boaty/ferry thing actually) and I don't remember anyone asking permission. Of course it could have changed since then as this was a couple of years ago.
  3. Not sure, mate of mine in R Sigs went off for several weeks in Iran not so long ago and had no dramas from anyone really. Think if they're at all concerned you may get a security briefing before hand and a debriefing afterwards, not sure if there's any blocks on more temperamental places though.
  4. There are no security restrictions on service personnel going on holiday to Egypt. However, you do need to check with the Foreign Office or through your USO on the current terrorist/security threat against UK/European nationals wherever you are intending to go to be on the safe side. :wink:
  5. if your friend went to iran, he should have been properly briefed and debriefed.

    voice - contact your local military intelligence section for the latest advice, through your unit security officer.
  6. give egypt a miss at present because i believe that the armed forces are running these great holidays to iraq & afghanistan at the minute that are a real laugh a minute. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  7. Edited to remove crap advice!

    Edited to add: your chief clerk should have a list of restricted travel areas. or the intranet, or even armynet. Somewhere, once, I've seen such a document.
  8. Sorry for posting in the middle of convo, but this might help...

    I asked a similar question and there is a system in place called CSSRA - Travel to countries to which special security regulations apply

    Here's the thread:

    Hope this helps. You should be able to get some more info from the above thread.

    Best of luck

  9. if you have not got a clue what you are talking about, please refrain from offering well-meaning (and rubbish) advice.

    voice - please ignore "helpful" advice like the above. contact your local military intelligence section, through your unit security officer.