Holidays for Heroes - Weymouth 2013 - 22nd and 23rd June

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Jan 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

All, This is early notice, but I have had a couple of enquiries as to whether we'll be doing Weymouth again this year, and when it will be.

For now, just note in your diaries, but I shall be asking for cake-minded volunteers nearer the time to help with setting up and dismantling the stall, selling various items, rattling collecting tins, eating cake, making brews and keeping the Parachute Regimental Association from nicking all the cake :)

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

With thanks to Bally 66 for being the first volunteer, here's the start of the list for Weymouth 2013 - our 4th, would you believe?

Me
    Bally66
    possible panzerknacker
    possible Taff49

Get those diaries out - it's not that far away now, folks!

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

I now have confirmation from the lovely Charlie at Weymouth that we are 'go' for this event. Please put it into your diaries, and help us if you can!

Volunteers so far:

Me
    Bally66 and friends (2)
    possible shopgirl
    possible Taff49
    Sgt Slingsby
    Cpl Horsa

There will be Tombola, T-shirts, branded goods to sell plus of course CAKE for the volunteers!

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Any more volunteers, please? I now have details of where our stall will be on the Esplanade.

Volunteers so far:

Me
    Bally66 and friends (2)
    possible shopgirl
    possible Taff49
    Sgt Slingsby
    Cpl Horsa

There will be Tombola, T-shirts, branded goods to sell plus of course CAKE for the volunteers![/QUOTE]

5. [/QUOTE]

And where exactly will that be ? GURB.xx

6. Are they planning to have the parade again on the Sunday?

7. Weymouth eh......does the Harbour club still exist...?.....I met some particularly grim growlers in that dump in 1984!

8. Yes my lovely's, parade, vehicles and the British Legion Riders all in the glorious sunshine of Weymuff. Hope you can make it, missed you last year.

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Alfredo!!! You darling Man!! I thought you'd gone!

I do hope you'll be 'out to play' with us this year.

Could I ask you to exercise your charm on the lovely Charlie, and blag us a couple of extra car parking passes please? I've lost your phone number. My new smart phone is smarter than I am :-(

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

And where exactly will that be ? GURB.xx[/QUOTE]
    Wherever you and George decide, my lovely. xx

11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Dear GRB, in view of the usual proximity of PARA people, would you like Cpl Arnhem to join the party?
    One more handsome tin-rattler!!

Fast response, please. As you know, I'm about to go away. Any comms channel will do ... I'm passing the Post Office in the morning.

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Many thanks BMG. I’m sure our friends from the Parachute Regimental Association will be pleased so see him, so delighted to accept. Thank you.

13. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Boxed already (he's muttering) - just need your preferred postal address!

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

c/o The Post Office, Milborne St. Andrew, Blandford Forum, Dorset. DT11 0JF please, old thing. Philip the Postmaster is a keen helper, and holds parcels for me. He;'s also happy to fill out customs forms for the various auction parcels I send across the world. Not bad for the original Grumpy Old Man!

15. Hi, me and fat_walt on sunday, plus Mcpl Amy and Sgt Braille :)