Holidays for Heroes - Trench Art Hip Flask - Ends 29/5/10

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks to two amazingly generous arrsers, we are able to re-auction the hip flask, enhanced by a holder in 'WW1 Trench Art Style'. MWL946 donated the flask back to us. The holder has been made by DB216LOKDVR and uses new 'aged' light tan leather (complete with range marks and imperfections etc), and contrasting dark brown buckle strap, copper rivets and brass fitting i.e. Sam Browne fastening and brass buckle. (All items available from the stores or scrap in WW1). The item is rivetted and not sewn due being like those made in the forward trenches.

This is a copy of one handed down from WW1, made for an Officer by his Orderly, when it was acceptable for the 'lads' to have a 'nip' before going over the top, and a larger 'nip' if they managed to achieve thier objective.

All the parts are hand cut, and the rivets are hand bashed too.

The auction will end next Saturday, 29th May, at 6 p.m. and as usual, money raised goes to the MDN Hamster Fund.

Please bid high for this wonderful and unique item.

Attachments

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
£40 :D

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks, guys. This is a brilliant item, and if I hadn't just had to have new disks and brakes on the car, I'd be bidding too!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Thanks, guys. This is a brilliant item, and if I hadn't just had to have new disks and brakes on the car, I'd be bidding too!
I know I'm a big lad, but you didn't need to uprate the brakes for when you pick me up from the station :lol:

£60

80 quid

Joker62 said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
I know I'm a big lad, but you didn't need to uprate the brakes for when you pick me up from the station :lol:
:)

Sadly it's a 'wear and tear' problem, but I'll now know to look out for a large joker!

So, at £80 with Gadgwah. Any more offers please?

Still at £80, for this lovely item....

Not long to go now; this would be an absolute bargain at £80! Let's have some more bids, please.

[align=center]

SOLD to Gadgwah for £80. Thank you for your bid.

Thanks also to MWL946 and DV216LOKDVR for donating and making it.

Please transfer the money to one of these accounts:

Paypal: info@holidays4heroes.org

Bank: Holidays4heroes
HSBC
Sort: 40-12-09
Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
Swift: MIDLGB2120G

When you've paid, PM Me with the address where I should send this lovely item.[/align]

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Gadgwah has made contact, and I will be sending the lovely item to him after Weymouth.

Posted today gadgwah. Please let me know when it arrives.