Holidays for Heroes - STUMPY for Auction - ends 31.5.12 at 1900

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
With grateful thanks to Auld_Sapper, Dave the Publisher, and the fantastic hound himself, I am delighted to offer Stumpy for auction. Obviously not the real dog, but a rather lovely stuffed facsimile, made by Blessed Baby Cakes for an ARRSE crawl, and kindly donated to raise money for 'Holidays for Heroes'.

The closing date of 31st May gives time for it to be sent to a UK or BFPO address well before the signing of Auld_Sapper's book on 8th June. If the winner can't take the dog in person, we do request that it's left with A_S until after that date. If the winner likes, they may collect the dog at the signing.

If the winner has already ordered one copy of the book, this will be included free with the dog.

This post includes two pictures, which I have. There may be other pictures, which I'll post shortly, along with a short note about existing bids.

The auction will run until

Thursday, 31st May at 1900 hours (UK Time)

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes.
By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you agree tacitly to abide by the Auction Rules

Attachments

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I gather from A_S that there may have been some 'jumping of the gun', whilst we were waiting for everyone to OK this, and some bids have been placed on the thread about the book.

As of my last information the bids now sit with Auld_Yin at £45 so please start bidding from there.

Thank you, and apologies for this being a slightly unconventional way of starting an auction - it's a combination of very enthusiastic bidders, and my having very demanding company for the weekend.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
£60

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you Joker.

And I'm sorry but I can't seem to upload pics copied from the 'Auld_Sapper and Stumpy' thread. Could a clever person do that for me please?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

if the winner has already ordered one copy of the book, this will be included free with the dog.

Just so I get this straight in my mind the prize includes the book for free plus Stumpy? All that will be paid by te winner is the amount bid in total on this thread.

For example, Joker has bid 60 sovs which equates to an unsigned book and £35. Now as my previous bid was for £45 and I expected to pay £25 for the book, I will now raise that to £70 Bank of Scotland one pound notes.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just so I get this straight in my mind the prize includes the book for free plus Stumpy? All that will be paid by te winner is the amount bid in total on this thread.

For example, Joker has bid 60 sovs which equates to an unsigned book and £35. Now as my previous bid was for £45 and I expected to pay £25 for the book, I will now raise that to £70 Bank of Scotland one pound notes.

I believe the free book only applies where the person has ordered it already, A-Y. No doubt A-S or Dave will confirm that.

In the meantime, thank you for your bid of £70 Edinburgh. (Assuming that's higher than £45 Sterling? ;-) )

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
£80 of the only money worth using, proper Bank of England's finest, the only British money accepted out side of GB ;-)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
£100, and that's just for the dog, no book!!

As a Sapper and Ex AES Handler from 39 Bde, I'll cough up £150. Only because its a good cause and I want to see if its possible that a pish stained, tartan blanket wearing, incontinent, auld fart Handler from one of the Handbag Brigades can actually sign his name after years of buckfast and toilet duck chasers without using an ink pad and his thumb or relying on his dog for help. Ubique ;)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sapper 145 that's very generous of you, whatever your motive ;-)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This one's at £150. Any more bids please?

Still at £150. Unlikely to pay the dogfood bill!

Looks like Sapper145 is going to get this at £150.Unless of course, you bid higher ;-)

Any advance on Sapper145's marvellous bid of £150?

BUMP!!

Last couple of days and then the boys off to his new posting !!! Come on, come on, someone save Stumpy from the grasp of an ex-city Wagtail for Christ Sake! Did you know what those buggers did too their dogs?

No? Well read the book :)

Ubique ya bass !