Holidays for Heroes - STUMPY for Auction - ends 31.5.12 at 1900

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, May 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

With grateful thanks to Auld_Sapper, Dave the Publisher, and the fantastic hound himself, I am delighted to offer Stumpy for auction. Obviously not the real dog, but a rather lovely stuffed facsimile, made by Blessed Baby Cakes for an ARRSE crawl, and kindly donated to raise money for 'Holidays for Heroes'.

The closing date of 31st May gives time for it to be sent to a UK or BFPO address well before the signing of Auld_Sapper's book on 8th June. If the winner can't take the dog in person, we do request that it's left with A_S until after that date. If the winner likes, they may collect the dog at the signing.

If the winner has already ordered one copy of the book, this will be included free with the dog.

This post includes two pictures, which I have. There may be other pictures, which I'll post shortly, along with a short note about existing bids.

The auction will run until

Thursday, 31st May at 1900 hours (UK Time)

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes.
    By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you agree tacitly to abide by the Auction Rules

Attached Files:

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

I gather from A_S that there may have been some 'jumping of the gun', whilst we were waiting for everyone to OK this, and some bids have been placed on the thread about the book.

As of my last information the bids now sit with Auld_Yin at £45 so please start bidding from there.

Thank you, and apologies for this being a slightly unconventional way of starting an auction - it's a combination of very enthusiastic bidders, and my having very demanding company for the weekend.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you Joker.

And I'm sorry but I can't seem to upload pics copied from the 'Auld_Sapper and Stumpy' thread. Could a clever person do that for me please?

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

7. £80 of the only money worth using, proper Bank of England's finest, the only British money accepted out side of GB ;-)

8. £85 thats Sterling to those who never had to listen to Dougie donnelly on the box.

• Like Like x 1
  9. £100, and that's just for the dog, no book!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. £110 from me

11. As a Sapper and Ex AES Handler from 39 Bde, I'll cough up £150. Only because its a good cause and I want to see if its possible that a pish stained, tartan blanket wearing, incontinent, auld fart Handler from one of the Handbag Brigades can actually sign his name after years of buckfast and toilet duck chasers without using an ink pad and his thumb or relying on his dog for help. Ubique ;)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Sapper 145 that's very generous of you, whatever your motive ;-)

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

This one's at £150. Any more bids please?