Holidays for Heroes - Hear the Tiger Roar - 30/3/13

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Jan 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

This year, Holidays for Heroes is going to operate one of our famous stalls at Tiger Day at the Tank Museum, Bovington. Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Tiger Day 2013. It will have the usual mix of branded goods, books reviewed by the ABC, tombola/lucky dip, t-shirts etc. for sale, and volunteers will be provided with cake (I think it's time the lemon drizzle was resurrected...)

Cpl Horsa and I attended the event last year, do to a recce, and we think (a) it was great fun and (b) we could do some good business making money to help those who need it.

So, if anyone has a free day on Saturday 30th March (between Good Friday and Easter Sunday), please volunteer to help us. You'll be guaranteed a good day of fun and banter, an opportunity to see the Tiger and other early tanks whizzing around the Arena, and also plenty of cake. Even a couple of hours will be useful.

Thank you.

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Two volunteers so far folks - any more? Please add your name to the list if you can help, even for a short while.

DannyFishCharge
    Me

3. Are you looking for sales items as well?

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

P-F, PM me with what you have, and I'll see. We haven't done this event before, so I'll be testing the water as to what sells and what doesn't.

Thanks, GRB

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

DannyFishCharge
    Mrs DannyFishCharge
    Me

6. hi

Count me, Fat_Walt, Sgt Braile and Mcpl Amy in as well :)

xx

7. Sorry too far for me, and i bet the cake is not gluten free, but put up a list of what you are flogging and I will buy some of the items and pay the postage

8. There's an imposter in my dining room?

Sorry sweetie, too far for me xxx

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

The list of lovely people is growing! Thank you all. So far it's Me plus

DannyFishCharge
    Mrs DannyFishCharge
    tich23 + tich23 Junior 1 and 2
    Horsa's No 1 Fan
    Fat walt

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

I'll send you a cake parcel! Panzerknacker liked his ...

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you, welshman. I'll do that in the morning.

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

OK, here's a listeof some of the things we're selling:

Holidays for Heroes Branded Stuff:
    T-shirts as per this thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/charity-auctions/182605-holidays-heroes-t-shirts.html
    Wristbands as per this thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/charity-auctions/184399-holidays-heroes-wristbands.html

plus lanyards, keyrings, mousemats, coasters, mugs and fridge magnets.

Other stuff:

The last of the t-shirts left over from the COs' grand sale - odd colours and sizes 'Seen Ya ARRSE', 'Naafi Bar Regular', 'Fox e-lady', etc. PM for sizes and colours as I'll have to go into the loft to find them.

Books donated by the ABC - once read by the reviewers and then given to us to sell.

Please PM me for prices. The t-shirt price includes postage, so if additions to the parcel don't take a t-shirt over a Post Office weight level, there would be no additional charge.

13. Are there just fatty size t-shirts left?

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Depends on what you mean by fatty-size. To a person on whom a Small is like a dress, they're all fatty-sized!

I have L XL XXL and XXXL in the 'Holidays for Heroes' ones. I think lumpy2 had the last M at Middle Wallop.

THe COs' ones have some small sizes. You want me to go up into the loft this afternoon and check for you?

15. I could wear a medium as a nightie! Do your best girl.