Holidays for Heroes - 'Fatal Last Words' ends 8/11/10

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Nov 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Anyone willing to open the bidding?

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

For those furiously bidding on Rankin's 'Complaints' bear in mind that Jardine's 'Fatal Last Words' is an ideal companion.

While they are not rival authors (well not really!!) they both write about police in Edinburgh, one at the top of the tree (QJ) and one at the bottom of that tree (IR).

You would be missing out of you did not consider taking the person who would have been Rebus' boss (although I fear that Rebus would have little respect for Skinner :policecap: )

So, something for your consideration.

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well, as the Rankin has gone far beyond my pocket, I'll bid my fiver for this one.

Do I hear more?

5. Seven pounds and fifteen shillings :razz:

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Eight pounds.

7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

Product Description

It's no ordinary summer for DCC Bob Skinner, as murder mystery leaps from the page into reality in the new book in Quintin Jardine’s outstanding police series.
    August in Edinburgh: As Skinner stands on the edge of a career-defining moment and his fiancée, Scotland's First Minister Aileen de Marco faces a political crisis, a famous figure from another field is found dead. As the mystery deepens, Skinner finds himself crossing swords with an old enemy from the past, while his investigating detectives are faced with the unwelcome complication of a duke’s junkie daughter. Meanwhile a second Scottish celebrity dies violently in Australia. It seems impossible, but could the two be connected? As DCS Mario McGuire heads to Melbourne to investigate, back in Scotland his boss’s big moment is compromised in the most dramatic and unexpected manner, as a famous friendship is shattered for ever.

About the Author
    Quintin Jardine gave up the life of a political spin doctor for the more morally acceptable world of murder and mayhem. Happily married, he hides from critics and creditors in secret locations in Scotland and Spain.

8. £9 19s 11d

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Do I hear £10? More?

10. OK then - £10

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Any advance on £10?

12. b u m p ..........................................

13. Twelve pounds

14. [​IMG]

Smash bang, you win TS. Please PM Auld Yin your address, and send me sexy photos of you.

Yours aye, Dale of the Gavel.

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Once you have coughed up the wonga, PM your address please TS and I will pop the book in the post.