Holidays for Heroes at Weymouth 18/19 June 2011

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Apr 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Holidays for Heroes will have a stall at Weymouth Veterans' Weekend this year. Those new to arrse may like to see what happened last year.

I've been asked to organise it again, so this is the first post asking for helpers to put the weekend in their diaries.

There is work for everyone - erecting and dismantling the stall, eating cake, hanging bunting, making brews, eating cake, taking bears' photographs, and selling goods. Of course there's the opportunity to chat up members of the opposite sex whilst asking them for money. Pink Shoes are optional. Did I mention the cake?

If you'd like to help on either day, please let me know via PM or on this thread. Thank you.
  2. If you would like some more bits and pieces to sell you are more than welcome.

3. is it at this point i volunteer? I was meaning to ask you if it was a goer, actually
  4. is there a campsite nearby?
  5. Backslider

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

More like being invited to come out of retirement, 5A.
  7. Grownup_Rafbrat

I'm sure there are loads, Poppy, it being the centre of the tourist area. If you're able to come, I can find some info and send it to you.
  8. Grownup_Rafbrat

If you'd like to volunteer, it would be great for you and your shoes to make another appearance. And the drinking helmet. (I was just re-reading last year's thread.)
  9. Well who ever invited you, needs to give their head a wobble

10. it was a really enjoyable weekend last year and i believe we raised over £500 for H4H. Well worth taking part in if your an Arrser in the area (or even from outside the area and fancy a weekend by the beach.)
  11. You raised that alone taff, it was just under a grand in total.

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

See PM, GB!
  13. And whoever invented you needs to wobble from the business end of a noose.
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you to those who have volunteered time or stuff already.

Please volunteer if you can; if you can stand (or sit) by our stall for a couple of hours you would be very welcome.
  15. Pencil me in for helping, but I will have to confirm. There's just a wee matter of a 3 Peaks Challenge that I've been conned into in June, something to do with getting very drunk, oh and a few hills.

Not sure which weekend, they keep changing it on me.