Holidays for Heroes at Tankfest 25/26 June 2011

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, May 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Folks, we're on a roll here!

The week after the fun and excitement at Weymouth, Holidays for Heroes will have a stall for two days at Tankfest, Bovington. If anyone would be free to help man the stall for an hour or so over that period, please let me know, either by PM or on this thread.

There will be no need for 'setting up', as tables are provided, but someone to chat to punters, sell merchandise, or even make tea would be most welcome.

Cake will of course be provided.

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

A small bump to catch any evening arrsers who might like to volunteer.

All indoor work, no heavy lifting, lots of cake.

All this and raising money for an excellent cause!

3. I'm away but my stand in is available. I'll tell her to put the date in her diary.

TPBD

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Any more volunteers? Tankfest is a fab event, and I'd only ask for an hour or two of your time.

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Any more volunteers? This is indoors, no lifting, no bunting and no chugging, just selling stuff from a table in the foyer of the Tank Museum itself.

Holidays for Heroes has helped over fifty families this year - it all takes money, and here's an opportunity to help them raise a little more.

Thanks if you can offer even a short stint.

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

This is all booked now, folks. All we need is helpers.

Tankfest is a great event, with tanks, re-enactors, demonstrations and lots of stalls (including the one raising money for 'Holidays for Heroes'). If you come along, there will be plenty to do in the time when you're not helping on the stall.

7. Don't know about whether i will actually be going but if i do would it be allowable just to pop round and do an hour of the bat so to speak

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, Mr. Ark. Of course it will be great for you to do an hour on the day. All assistance is welcome! Look forward to seeing you on the day. If you PM me nearer the time I can give you a contact phone number.

We now have our joining instructions, and we'll be sited in the Museum Foyer, right opposite the lovely Malcy of Malcyart, who is one of our good supporters.

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks to Sue and Holly at the Bead Base, Carol the Bead Lady and Ann, one of Sue and Holly's customers, we have lots of lovely beaded jewellery and trinkets to sell at Tankfest. We have a great pitch, some lovely 'Holidays for Heroes' merchandise, comfy chairs, and free cake.

So far the team is
    Me
    Shopgirl
    ark-angel
    My offspring
    Alfredo
    Steve the Photographer

supported by Sgt Slingsby, Cpl Horsa and MCpl Amy.

Can anyone else spare time from watching the Rotten Ruritanians and the Remarkable Re-Enactors to sell bits and bobs or operate a tombola? All welcome.

10. Horsa's No 1 Fan and I are helping the RBL at Tankfest so we'll certainly pop over and say hello. Depending on breaks etc we might be able to provide some help.

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

That would be lovely, F_W. Look forward to seeing both of you.

(We know you're only after cake ... :) )

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Folks, just a small reminder that Tankfest is next weekend. Helpers would be welcome, but if you don't have time to help please make time to drop by and say hello, have a go on our tombola or even buy some of the lovely beaded jewellery donated by our lady supporters at The Bead Base, Basingstoke, and Carol's Beading Classes.

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

We're all set for a lovely weekend at Tankfest. Any arrsers who would like to pop in and see us in the Museum Foyer would be most welcome. There may even be spare cake.Even if you don't visit the Hols For Heroes stall, it's a cracking day out, and truly 'fun for all the family'.

14. are you anywhere near the british legion stall??? :)

15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Not sure where the RBL stall is. We're indoors, in the Foyer of the museum itself. You have to pass us to get into the Trenches :)