Holidays for Heroes - ARRSe Tie - ends 23/4/13

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Apr 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

With grateful thanks to tich23 I am able to offer an ARRSe Country Tie for auction. I'll post a pic later, but in view of the latest begging bowl appeal I thought you might like to start bidding today. The lot includes postage to UK or BFPO addresses, and it would make a lovely gift for any gentleman of taste and discernment.

The auction will end at 1600 on 23rd April, and all proceeds go to 'Holidays for Heroes'.

2. I'll start with a tenner.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Many thanks, TS. I can confirm that the tie is 100% silk, and looks like the pics attached (hopefully) to this post.

Attached Files:

4. Right then you tight gits, who else is willing to cough up? I'm probably never going to wear it anyway, but will still give a tenner to H4H if somebody outbids me and it goes to a usefull home...

5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

£15, though no idea why as I never seem to wear a tie these days.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good lad. So that's at least £25 they're getting straight off.

Keep 'em coming...

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you for all your bids, and for techno-spastic's generous offer - payment details imminent.

Camm1 I may have jumped the gun. I spoke to PG who was about to add a new begging bowl thread - he may not have had time to do that yet. As soon as I see it, I'll link for you.

So at £20 with Camm1. Any more bids please? These ties aren't being made any more!

8. Anyone else? This is gonna cost me ten of the finest beer tokens even though I'm not getting the bloody thing!
    :)

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Still at £20 with Camm1. Any more bids please?

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Ends at 1600 tomorrow folks. Any advance on £20 for this beautiful tie. One could wear it to the rugby on Saturday ....

12. Anyone else? My £10 is already in the pot. I know it's not much, but I'm not exactly minted at the moment so it's all I can give.

Chances are some of you on here will know someone, if not yourselves, who have benefited from their services.