Holidays for Heroes - ARRSE Challenge Coin 438 - ends Monday 14th November 1030

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
With thanks to a generous donor, I am able to offer for auction an ARRSE Challenge Coin, number 438.

These coins were a limited edition and are not available through 'normal retail channels'. It would make an ideal Christmas Stocking filler for an arrser or arrse maiden.

The auction will last until Monday, 14th November at 1030 UK Time.

All proceeds to Holidays for Heroes and I'll cover the cost of postage to the winner.

Small print, by bidding you are agreeing to the auction rules. Auction rules & guidelines | Army Rumour Service

Attachments

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
£20 to kick it off

oldbaldy

LE
I thought @Guns might one in place of the mug he hasn't got

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Back on topic any more bids please ?

£45 and I will donate it to Navy Red.

amapola

Old-Salt
@Grownup_Rafbrat could you update on what Hols4Heroes are currently doing? I've donated in the past but have noticed that there haven't been any urgent requests for donations for ages and @Hols4Heroes / @Porridge_gun haven't posted in almost a year, and no news on the H4H website since July '14. Not suggesting there's anything untoward, just be good to know what they're up to. Cheers.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
HI Amapola. I can't really help I am afraid. I do fundraising but don't see bank accounts, 'customers' or anything else. P_G owes me an email/pm so I shall ask him to post something when he responds.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
@Grownup_Rafbrat could you update on what Hols4Heroes are currently doing? I've donated in the past but have noticed that there haven't been any urgent requests for donations for ages and @Hols4Heroes / @Porridge_gun haven't posted in almost a year, and no news on the H4H website since July '14. Not suggesting there's anything untoward, just be good to know what they're up to. Cheers.
Sorry to kick in here, but him and @Hoverpot were trying to get my heating sorted for me. Apparently our "but he's such a good bloke, pays for all the drinks" has sent Chris a cheque.

Maybe @CivvyLurker can confirm?

As far as I know, and from fairly recent contact with PG, Hols4H is still running. I did ask him why there had been no requests lately and he said he didn't want to create donation fatigue, given that it's usually the same ARRSErs donating each time. I suggested that putting up the occasional request would be fine, in fact people would be glad to support it.

I'll email him the link to your post so get your money ready ;)

Sorry to kick in here, but him and @Hoverpot were trying to get my heating sorted for me. Apparently our "but he's such a good bloke, pays for all the drinks" has sent Chris a cheque.

Maybe @CivvyLurker can confirm?
Nope. Hoverpot was told not send you or Hols4H money for your heating as Chris was looking into grant funding and had a bloke already lined up. But it got stalled with the paperwork and as far as I know, he's passed you on to RBL or SSAFA or VA or some such so we could draw a line after sorting out the house fiasco.

But you know this already, and it's horribly off-topic...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks, Snaily and CivvyLurker. Much appreciated.

We were certainly in business up to May, when I last spoke to him, but I had a sleepless night wondering whether I'd been paying money into a bank account to cover PG's use of hookers! He has spoken in the past about raising funds outside arrse, and we certainly haven't run so many auctions lately (I have been busy enjoying early retirement, for a start). But I have banked money from strategically placed collecting tins, and recently banked a large sum after giving a talk to a local Social Club.

I am sure the need hasn't gone away with the drawdown from Afghanistan, so I keep fundraising, but I'll ask him to post an update/progress report/summary of the year's activity(no names, no pack drill, just x families sent away, x court cases attended, x repossessions stopped, etc.)

Cheers,
GRB

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
so back on topic, still at £45 with Himmler......

We are still around, that won't change.

Will remain quiet until the new year.

Let me post more later, am a little bogged down at work at the min and down want to throw a 2 min reply together

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks, PG. :)

Latest Threads