Holiday/Travel Forum

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BuggerAll, Dec 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

How about a Forum where we can discuss travel and holidays. Where to go, what to do etc. The cost of a holiday is a significant part of anyones budget, getting advice and swapping good and bad experience could be helpful.

I'm going skiing in Lebanon and I'd like to go to Tripoli - maybe a battlefield tour of the western desert - could be a good place to discuss such things.

2. Why don't you just go to a travel agent? Or you lazy or just disabled. If it's the latter can I suggest you don't try skiing.

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thanks DB very helpful I never thought of that. What I'd like to be able to do is discuss holidays and travel with like minded people. ARRSErs are by thier nature outgoing and adventurous, but not necessarily flush with cash. Many of us don't want to go to the Costa del Sell out for our hols, but can't afford to go first class to Australia. A forum where we could swap ideas...

Also there is the business of selling your battlefield tour to the other half: "Lets go to Paris for out hols, oh and perhaps we can spend a day or two(+) at this place Albert". My present project is to go to Tripoli and then do the Alamein or some such. And if you are going to Albert where are you going to stay?