Holiday Insurance

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Pielover, Aug 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a cheap Holiday Insurance provider (preferably one that give discount for forces). Going on Hols with the Clan next month and haven't sorted my admin yet!!!
  2. Try the Post Office, pretty good cost-wise and coverage too
  3. Get yourself a LloydsTSB Platinum Acc you get free insurance with the account. And yes they do pay up as we found out when Uncle Blair sent the missus to the Sunshine posting in '03, and we had to sack a holiday. They were efficient and fast. Oh yes nad they cover most things.
  4. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Quite agree - you get mobile phone insurance and pretty all encompassing AA cover as well. It costs £15/month (£180/year) which is well worth it.
  5. There are loads of cheap travel insurance companies out there, but most are not forces-friendly. When you’re looking, check that you are covered for last-minute postings. Also, if you are based outside of the UK, check that your policy will repatriate you to the right country!

There are significant benefits to using a policy designed for the military, and the NAAFI Financial Travel Insurance will cover you and your partner for HM Forces obligations and repatriate you to a UK or BFPO address.

You can choose a level of cover appropriate for your holiday or ongoing travel, and work out what your premiums would be online using our Travel Insurance Calculator.

Plus, if you have our Kit and Contents Insurance, you’ll get a 20% discount on our Travel Insurance.

Visit your local NAAFI Financial branch or phone us on:

00800 76 76 77 77

free from the UK and Germany

+44 1603 205 209
    from the rest of the world
  6. Try trinity. Look them up on t'internet.

The travel insurance is global and covers about 30 days per year. Medical included as is theft. I had a pair of skis nicked a couple of years back and they paid up, then at the end of the year reduced my premium for no reduction in cover. Never had any problems and they give free advice on all sorts of stuff to do with travel etc.