Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding the Chinese to Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread

LE
_____
* I typed Wuhan, but I left speelchucker's Wigan cos I find it amusing.

Start running before the black helicopters on whisper* mode arrive at your gaff to take you away: you have unwittingly given away the true location of the New World Order's bio-weapons research facility.

* - either they're silent or they throw chocolate bars at people. Your choice.

Dread

LE
Covid19 may or may not be a biological weapon, the case has yet to be set out, so it is right to start considering it. I just wish that world governments had collaborated decades ago to find a cure for colds and flu, then we would not have this problem. The UK used to have a government department working on it, but the project was not continued. That may have been to save money, or at the request of big pharma.

Call me 'Wibble', but I thought the "British Cold Study" had been proven to be a cover story for the nutters at Porton Down to administer nerve and blood agents to unsuspecting young soldiers.

Dread

LE
Actually two cases have been set out, albeit in a Redbeard Rum fashion. All the biological scientists who study viruses say it isn't, wibbling cretins on the internet say it is.

Take your pick.

If you look at the DNA sequencing of the COVID-19 virus, the letters of the 15th genome spell 'made in china'.

Edit to add for people who may take me seriously: you can't DNA test COVID-19. Why? Because it is a single strand of RNA and thus has no DNA.

if no other lesson is learned, it must be that the west cannot continue to export its manufacturing to china - particularly medication ingredients eg the usa stopped domestic penicillin production 20 years ago and now depends upon china in a huge way for 75% of all its drugs ingredients.

Scrupulous politicians and businesses for 20-30 years have fully bought in to off shoring work to increase profits but simultaneously have made all of our western govts incredibly vulnerable to a single point of failure supply chain - it doesnt even have to be deliberate, the chinese stopped a very large pre-ordered shipments of medical facemasks to the usa because their needs were higher - i dont blame them for that but the usa now has a shortfall.

look at toilet paper, the aussies toilet paper comes from china which is why they started panic buying - the idiots doing the same here dont know that ours is manufactured in europe but nontheless if our supplier goes into lockdown then it becomes a legitimate woory - just wish i d bought some shit paper shares!

For all his many faults, Trump is the only western leader who has been warning us, well before CV popped up, and trying to take manufacturing away from china and back to the usa - to coin a phrase from sir nigel ' you're not laughing now'
As far as single point of failure for European toilet paper is concerned that is the Finnish dock workers, who are quite prone to strike action. They came out on strike in sympathy with the postmen last November and also went on strike in 2015 and, I think, 2012, the latter having a direct impact on my job. The reason, it is Finnish wood that is used to make European paper, both toilet and printing.

In 2012 I had to source timber from Peru of all places to make up for missing Finnish timber. This was more expensive and packaging had to be reprinted without the FSC sustainability logo. The cost through loss of exports to the Finnish economy was €100million per day.

Now if this was a deliberate attack, or if the Chinese now want to take advantage of the situation, then agitating for another strike in Finland might be the way to go. Sky News Australia is already reporting that a Chinese government minister has accused the US Army of releasing the virus in Wuhan, and that this crap is being reported by a credulous left wing press as fact. Plenty of trade unions have anti Americanism as part of their DNA and I wouldn't bet against the Chinese exploiting that with the Finnish dockers.

If you look at the DNA sequencing of the COVID-19 virus, the letters of the 15th genome spell 'made in china'.

Edit to add for people who may take me seriously: you can't DNA test COVID-19. Why? Because it is a single strand of RNA and thus has no DNA.
You shouldn’t have put your footnote, I’ve just bought shares in tissues! I’m waiting for them to rocket and you were doing so well starting another mass hysteria buy, then you scuppered it!

THE CORONER VIRUS IS UNDOUBTABLY ESCALATING AND AS WE MOVE INTO THE NEXT PHASE, TALK IS OF CONTAINMENT, PREPARING THE COUNTRY AND THE WORLD FOR LARGE SCALE INFECTION AND DEATHS. ALL MEDIA OUTLETS ARE DISCUSSING HOW IT IS SPREADING, HOW PEOPLE ARE REACTING ESPECIALLY THE PANIC BUYING AND THE GOVERNMENT’S STRATEGY, HOW WE COMPARE TO EUROPE, ASIA AND THE AMERICAS, BUT WHAT ISN’T BEING DISCUSSED IS HOLDING THE PERPETRATORS TO ACCOUNT.
COVID 19 IS WITHOUT DOUBT A HUMAN MANUFACTURED VIRUS, ORIGINATING IN WUHAN, CHINA. AS FAR AS WE KNOW THE CHINESE MANUFACTURED IT, CULTIVATED IT, RELEASED IT EITHER BY ACCIDENT OR BY DESIGN AND MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE A VACCINATION AGAINST IT.
NO ONE IS ASKING WHY AND WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES OF POTENTIALLY KILLING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE, AS WELL A POTENTIALLY CAUSING A GLOBAL RECESSION, AFTER ALL, DO WE REALLY THINK THE RESULT OF REDUCED PRODUCTION, BANNING MASS GATHERINGS AND ABSENCE FROM WORK, AS WELL AS SELF ISOLATION WON’T CAUSE RECESSION, THE IMPACT TO TOURISM AND SPORT ALONE WILL HAVE A DEVASTATING RESULT WITHIN THESE INDUSTRIES. WE WILL SEE AIRLINES COLLAPSING AND BUSINESSES GOING UNDER AS A RESULT. WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE STOCK MARKETS LOSING BILLIONS THIS WEEK.

AFTER THE DUST SETTLES, SERIOUS QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ASKED OF THE CHINESE, CONSEQUENCES NEED TO BE IMPOSED, INCLUDING SANCTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS, PLUS MONITORING OF CHINESE PRODUCTION OF WEAPONS, BECAUSE LET’S BE CLEAR ON THIS, THIS IS A WEAPON AND WHAT ELSE ARE THE CHINESE COOKING UP IN THEIR SECRET LABS, A MASSIVE UNDERTAKING FOR A WORLD ORGANISATION, WHO HAS THE APPETITE TO TAKE ON THE CHINESE AND HOLD THEM TO ACCOUNT?
Corrected.

IrishGuard

Old-Salt
.....look at toilet paper, the aussies toilet paper comes from china which is why they started panic buying - the idiots doing the same here dont know that ours is manufactured in europe but nontheless if our supplier goes into lockdown then it becomes a legitimate woory - just wish i d bought some shit paper shares!

Most, if not all Aussie toilet paper is produced in Australia.

So why not enlighten us fuckwits rather than laughing and pointing, Professor
They have done, repeatedly. Fuckwits by definition are 'tired of experts' and don't bother their arses to listen.

Except amongst the people who know about viruses, who pretty much restrict themselves to pointing and laughing at people who swallow this sort of nonsense.

This outbreak of tin foil hattery is no doubt because, it was said early on in the wuhan outbreak, that there was a life science laboratory, close to the market where this is said to have started. That was studying animal to human virus infections, and that one of the researchers was contaminated or infected due to poor bio security.

Now how accurate that report is, questionable. That the Chinese are studying such occurrences is not given that have been the cause of some epidemics in the Asia already.

Because the Chinese Government is an authoritarian command structure they are and have been poor to negligent in passing information, this should not surprise anyone as simply put information and research only seems to flow one way, that is into China not out.

That intellectual property wont steal itself

Most, if not all Aussie toilet paper is produced in Australia.
85% of the wood pulp used in toilet paper manufacture is produced in Australia. The other 15% comes from all over the world including NZ and Brazil.

Australian toilet paper manufacturers were running at 82% capacity before they all went nuts down under on nothing more than the back of an uniformed rumour spread by social media (the modern curse).

Manufactures opened new lines and are running at full capacity. It would take them 2 days to restock every shelf emptied of loo roll in the entire country.

We've learnt a huge amount about just how stupid people are and the effect so called news and social media has on them. I hope in the next crisis they very quickly:

1. Shut down twitter and facebook.
2. Shut down 24 hour news.
3. Shut down the Daily Mail.
4. Detain the likes of Piers Morgan for the duration.

Perhaps then there would be far less hysteria.

Hold the Chinese to account....
Your Government is going all in with them. In 20 years when the next bug strikes you folks will be another Italy.

You need to make some bold decisions if you want China to pay, not sure people want to pay more for security of supply when there is a pandemic once every 49 years.

Given their previous track record on internal goings on, it’s not like the Chinese are going to admit that this is their fault are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads