Holding an Irish passport alongside UK / Dual nationality, how will I benefit?

Well, for a start, it will get you a better class of welcome from any French or German official at a port of entry, such as an airfield. I have flown in and out of France and other parts with fellow pilots and the Irish invariably get a better reception than the British. We landed in Le Touquet once and were waved to the front of the queue and allowed to get away first, much to the dismay of the long, long queue of British pilots and their passengers. My friend had seen the queue forming earlier, found the airfield manager at lunch, made sure his glass was topped up and we sailed through what could have been an ordeal. Any time he landed to clear customs and refuel there after, he was treated like a king......
It probably is considered a lesser evil, in tricky situations, compared to an American or Brit passport. If you have both of these, you are doubly fucked.

As long as you can show they were born in the emerald isle its all good, if they weren't your out of luck.

If your parent had Irish citizenship at the time of your birth your also covered.

"An application for Irish citizenship through Foreign Birth Registration (FBR) can be submitted by any person with a grandparent born in any part of Ireland or by any person whose parent received Irish citizenship prior to the birth of the applicant."

Certainly nothing to be sniffed at
do they still have to study for a bloodtest????

Well, for a start, it will get you a better class of welcome from any French or German official at a port of entry, such as an airfield. I have flown in and out of France and other parts with fellow pilots and the Irish invariably get a better reception than the British. We landed in Le Touquet once and were waved to the front of the queue and allowed to get away first, much to the dismay of the long, long queue of British pilots and their passengers. My friend had seen the queue forming earlier, found the airfield manager at lunch, made sure his glass was topped up and we sailed through what could have been an ordeal. Any time he landed to clear customs and refuel there after, he was treated like a king......
So you are saying EU sorts including our 'friends'in Eire have been taking the piss for decades and we were quite right to feck tje lot of you off.

Jolly D! Lets crack on.

You can virtue signal on Facebook about how dreadful Brexit is, and by the way I'm applying for an Irish passport

Seen it with Facebook friends in London, trying to look smug
You say that likes it's a bad thing....

2nd wife was a dangerous mix irish dad german mother, when she passed away ,after 6 weeks we had to dig her up and nail her gob shut8)8)

Ex's dad never had to produce a birth certificate for his parents when first applying for an Irish or a British passport, as they were Dubs and all the records had been destroyed in a fire during the Easter rising.

Don,t get one with red-hair, bat shit mental you have been warned.
The first Mrs. Beaus, was a red headed Irish Colleen, fooked like a goddess for the first few years (Co’lick as well) nothing off the table so to speak. But the bat-shite madness soon after managed to work its way to the surface and then it was tin hat time and a swift exit.