Hold off on the Tar and Feathers

Should the Americans hold off on the tars and feather for the High School Cop?

• Yes

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • I like Egg Banjos

Votes: 51 47.2%

• Total voters
You don't know what's going to happen but I suggest the baddy has a scenario in mind of how things will go. I suggest there'd be a dislocation of expectation if you attacked him while he threatened your kid.

Not what was supposed to happen, plan goes to shit, has to defend himself against a screaming madman and forgets all about getting stabby with kid, in order to defend himself or leggit.

It's great making shit up, innit?
It certainly is, as I reckon you'd shit your pants.

Sky now reporting there's a NRA backlash starting.
Companies are cutting ties with them at a rapid rate due to Twitter campaign
Could be the beginning of something interesting.
Yeah, I renewed early today.

Just to clarify something about the NRA, it is just an association that exists because people who wish to be a member pay dues regardless of outside sponsorship, correct?
Yep. And they are just the most well known. My local gun forum is not really a big NRA fan club, as it’s seen as too weak on gun rights. CPRA, GOA, SAF are a few others that are popular as well.

Last edited:
You clearly know **** all about the military if you think the average military sentry in the UK knows what to do if he hears gun fire in building.
He does what he has been trained and instructed to do.
Which is the whole point.
This cop, according to all the posters on here who actually know by dint of being US police officers, was supposed to be aggressively approaching the shooter.
He didn't.

Our sentry is not supposed to go and hide in a ditch and hope an adult turns up which would be about the equivalent.

A police officer is killed in the line of duty every other day in America. Can't blame them for being afraid. How many armchair heroes would have done anything different?

I believe that the policy in Britain is for police to wait for armed support before confronting an armed criminal. That applies to criminals armed with knives as well as guns.
Here in Asia (Singapore/HK anyway) policy has changed, armed officers are no longer expected to wait until SWAT arrive, they’re to go straight in. This change has been driven by the change in threat with lone wolfs looking to kill as many innocent victims as possible before topping themselves or opting for ‘suicide by cop’.

He does what he has been trained and instructed to do.
Which is the whole point.
This cop, according to all the posters on here who actually know by dint of being US police officers, was supposed to be aggressively approaching the shooter.
He didn't.

Our sentry is not supposed to go and hide in a ditch and hope an adult turns up which would be about the equivalent.
And what's the British sentry been instructed and trained to do? Let's hear it from the expert, what are the actions on for the prowler patrol if they hear gun shots from inside the block?
You know **** all about the cops training yet you blame him.

And what's the British sentry been instructed and trained to do? Let's hear it from the expert, what are the actions on for the prowler patrol if they hear gun shots from inside the block?
You know **** all about the cops training yet you blame him.
Can you read?
Go back and read what the people who do that job say he would have been trained to do.
Once you have then perhaps you might understand why his peers think he fucked up.
Though I doubt it as the world seen through StackerVision is something incomprehensible to sane people.

Can you read?
Go back and read what the people who do that job say he would have been trained to do.
Once you have then perhaps you might understand why his peers think he fucked up.
Though I doubt it as the world seen through StackerVision is something incomprehensible to sane people.
So you don't actually know what the action on are for prowler patrol upon hearing gunshots in the block.
You also don't know how much training the cop has had.
4 of his peers also stood around outside.
But from the comfort of your armchair, you are the expert on what he should have done.
Doubtless if we had another Iranian embassy siege situation you would expect a detachment of AGC from the AR to go in and sort it out, after all they are soldiers so have the training and skill sets of the SAS.

I've noticed that the comments - so far - seem to support what the Sheriff said / did.

I'm not surprised, considering that this is primarily a Military site, and doubtless MANY on here have been involved in Ops. requiring a similar reaction of MOVING FORWARD - AND IN, to deal with the situation being faced.

Additionally - again - MANY on this site have heard the SNAP of a round passing ''that'' close to your head , concentrating your mind wonderfully - but I bet ALL who read this post , STILL went ahead and DID what was expected.

It was his job to ADVANCE TO CONTACT - at least he didn't have to hear the order to FIX BAYONETS - now that is a different ballgame - but none have failed to heed the call / order - and do nothing.

Why should the cop get treated any differently ?

Simply put - HE FAILED. End of.

Have you ever done a duty? What are the actions on if you hear gunfire in the block?
I've had this exact scenario on tour, the reaction split was 50:50 two matelots headed off in the opposite direct to literally have nervous/fright pisses, green lidded matelot and Bootneck went in direction of noise

Fortunately the shooter had aerated his own loaf with a pistol and no one else was hurt other than some plaster

I've noticed that the comments - so far - seem to support what the Sheriff said / did.

I'm not surprised, considering that this is primarily a Military site, and doubtless MANY on here have been involved in Ops. requiring a similar reaction of MOVING FORWARD - AND IN, to deal with the situation being faced.

Additionally - again - MANY on this site have heard the SNAP of a round passing ''that'' close to your head , concentrating your mind wonderfully - but I bet ALL who read this post , STILL went ahead and DID what was expected.

It was his job to ADVANCE TO CONTACT - at least he didn't have to hear the order to FIX BAYONETS - now that is a different ballgame - but none have failed to heed the call / order - and do nothing.

Why should the cop get treated any differently ?

Simply put - HE FAILED. End of.
I've come under indirect fire on a few occasions. I failed to notice anyone fixing bayonets and advancing to contact straight away. And before you gob off about me being a loggie, I was with the Royal Marines the last time it happened.