Hold off on the Tar and Feathers

Should the Americans hold off on the tars and feather for the High School Cop?

• Yes

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • I like Egg Banjos

Votes: 51 47.2%

• Total voters
We do now know the shooter knew the school layout and proceedures as well, if not better than the guard.
We also know that the shooter was well aware of the presence of an armed guard and was not put off in the slightest.

Not the first time either.

So a good guy with a gun does not always work, especially if there are attackers or if the attacker is more heavily armed. This is a wet dream for the NRA.

I for sure would not want to be a cop in the US. Here is a enlightening youtube channel: PoliceActivity showing the US police at their best and worse. Either way I would not want to judge the School Policeman, a horrible situation to be put into.

Perhaps or perhaps he knew the Deputy wasn’t up to the job.......
Incredibly convenient. If armed defenders fail in real life to deter campus shooters, it's not because the theory is bollocks it's because each spree-shooter school just happens to be the one where the guard isn't up to it.

The NRA's rhubarb must be ******* ginormous.

In my part Canada, at the schools my son has attended. They practise lock down drill as regularly as fire drills. Right from JK they were taught to adopt the foetal position in a specifically protected area of the classroom. There is always a police presence at his high school and I bet they have discussed and practiced a whole range of scenarios, shooters included.

I feel for this deputy though, who knows how they would really react until you are in that position.

Incredibly convenient. If armed defenders fail in real life to deter campus shooters, it's not because the theory is bollocks it's because each spree-shooter school just happens to be the one where the guard isn't up to it.

The NRA's rhubarb must be ******* ginormous.
Smart,

Just pointing out that in the past and from my own experience, (I was told by perps) that they fought with or killed the cop because he came off un-professional and basically a total schlep.
Grabbed a guy who had a gun once, I was printing him when he told me that the way I approached him and spoke etc (it was not very movie like, no shouting or curses involved) made him think twice about pulling out his gun........however he did tell me, and stated it wasn’t personal, that if he had a ‘body on the gun’ (had shot someone with it in the past) he wouldn’t have hesitated.

Smart,

Just pointing out that in the past and from my own experience, (I was told by perps) that they fought with or killed the cop because he came off un-professional and basically a total schlep.
Grabbed a guy who had a gun once, I was printing him when he told me that the way I approached him and spoke etc (it was not very movie like, no shouting or curses involved) made him think twice about pulling out his gun........however he did tell me, and stated it wasn’t personal, that if he had a ‘body on the gun’ (had shot someone with it in the past) he wouldn’t have hesitated.
I love you. Can you come and protect and serve in my area? You are obviously a god amongst men.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
An article in the paper today, stated that the youth with the Automatic rifle entered the school by one entrance, and the security guard entered by another at the same time
it may be that the school is so big he was not sure where the shooter was ?
I do think that the President Chump is using the situation to beat his chest and boost support for himself

personally I don't fault the actions of the copper. It's too easy to say 'it was only one shooter' after the fact. At the time, with no hard info, how could a single copper go in to a school on a seek and destroy mission? Further complicated by a load random non-combatants who could act in any kind of ways.

Old,

BTW, I try to present my stories in a humorous manner. I never considered myself great or anything along those lines, now I did work with some great cops and I learned a lot. There are great cops out there who are true hero’s and then there are guys who collect a paycheck.......... oh and I thought about it again, if you live in a place with 12 months of sunshine and you could guarantee that Mrs. LD has live-in maid I’ll be here in a second !!!

Daughters school have the lockdown policy lights off and lock doors. They have been told f##k staying still. Stool/chair through window or out fire door and make like a swastikas.
Most of the building is one level with most rooms having a fire door. but dropping out of the upper level is no drama.
Have doubts about the oldest though after she had her phone snatched in Liverpool awhile back and she chased the lad down and firmly chastised him until plod dragged her off him.
Dunno where she gets the aggression from...

Ah I understand now, every cop in the states is a highly trained steely eyed killer.

Do you throw soldiers under the bus when they make a mistake as well?
You tell me.
Put a soldier on guard. Make sure he knows his duties of a sentry.
Next morning the whole section is dead because your sentry hid in a ditch when he saw the enemy.

Time for tea and medals in Stacker world?

You tell me.
Put a soldier on guard. Make sure he knows his duties of a sentry.
Next morning the whole section is dead because your sentry hid in a ditch when he saw the enemy.

Time for tea and medals in Stacker world?
Completely different scenario.

Completely different scenario.
Really?
An armed guard, put there to protect the school, trained in what his response should be, hides behind a pillar.

Sounds fairly comparable to me, especially when Stacker1 insists on bringing military tactics and behavior into a purely civie police scenario.

He was there to try and stop this thing happening, or to respond and try and stop the threat , he had been trained and had practiced the tactics, when it came to doing it he failed to deliver .. he should draw the mess webley and do the Honorable thing....

CN_of7ZWUAE6PTM.jpg

Really?
An armed guard, put there to protect the school, trained in what his response should be, hides behind a pillar.
what specific training had received? Someone has said he was there to prevent such an incident but not how. His role may be purely deterrent, which gets a bit academic when the shooter hasn't been deterred.