Hold off on the Tar and Feathers

Should the Americans hold off on the tars and feather for the High School Cop?

• Yes

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • I like Egg Banjos

Votes: 51 47.2%

• Total voters
The situation from all perspectives is sad, mistakes have been made and actions not taken and a bunch of slaughtered kids. Blame will be spread, but it doesn’t bring the children back, nothing will.
Correct and it will keep happening until somebody grows a set of swingers, I said to the bitch wife last week if a child belonging to a prominent member of the government became a victim of one of these shootings would we be hearing the some old tripe?

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
My purely personal view.

Nobody knows how they would react if faced with something similar. Yes, there's the argument that "you takes the money, you takes your chance" but how many of us, especially those of us here who have served, would have waited for support/back up before storming in, especially if you don't know what or how many you are up against. One can do as much time on the ranges, going through as many realistic exercises as possible and feel ready and able to take on the world and his dog but still "freeze" when it comes to the crunch, particularly if you are on your own and it's your first time under fire.

Did this deputy go in with the others when they arrived or did he stay where he was? If he went in with the reinforcements I don't see how he can be labelled a coward other than by those armchair heroes who have never been in his shoes.

Twice a year, shoot about two boxes (100 rounds) of ammo. Not conducive to being crack shots......it’s CYA training. Also the twelve pound NYPD trigger pull is horrible (a standard Glock has about a five and a half pound pull)
Interesting that, where I go rifle shooting we share the range with German Customs officers who do a minimum of 250 rds a year, which I think is far too little. But I'm not part of their food chain, just another tax payer.

took the job and the pay didn't do his job. disgrace.
TA Gulf War 1?
Apologies for thread drift but...

IIRC the only person who refused to soldier was a regular RA officer. At least that's the only one who made the news in those pre-internet days.

The TA was still governed by "Queen's Order II" in those days, so couldn't be called on, as it wasn't signed. I know at least one ex-Reg TA person who volunteered as a BCR, but the war ended before the paperwork could be completed. I'm sure there were others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are a coward don’t enter a profession that may require you to be brave.

Hang the cünt.

I won't say whether the guy who didn't intervene was correct or not - I don't know what his instructions were.

However, I'm sure there were some things he could have done, such as securing an exit and helping get people out or trying to find out how many shooters there were, even if he did not actually seek out and and confront the gunman.

On a personal note I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life thinking of the lives I could have possibly saved and regretting a few minutes of fear or indecision.

What were his protocols/procedures?

I’m pretty sure it’s not written anywhere that you should do a unilateral charge of the light brigade other than the minds of the gun toting population who still drink the sheepdog/wolves/sheep coolaid

This macho, Wild West, frontier, stoical gun toting hero shit mythology + a metric **** tonne of weapon that are available to anyone is the reason America is in Such a shit state

Disregarding the rights and wrongs of the action taken by the officer concerned, this topic is so politically charged that he will be used as a distraction to the main reason for this tragedy.

Political standpoints and gun sale profits are so important to some that they will think nothing of vilifying this officer to defend their position. Potentially this will lead to an enormous backlash against him and his colleagues which could lead to him taking his own life.

Disregarding the rights and wrongs of the action taken by the officer concerned, this topic is so politically charged that he will be used as a distraction to the main reason for this tragedy.

Political standpoints and gun sale profits are so important to some that they will think nothing of vilifying this officer to defend their position. Potentially this will lead to an enormous backlash against him and his colleagues which could lead to him taking his own life.
Spot on.

Never thought I'd say that about an ex-Monkey.

He won't be the first to have froze when the gunfire starts
I can't bring myself to condemn him. I suspect that if he had gone in, he would have been another casualty.

I would like to see the full results of a proper enquiry. The senior police chap trying and convicting him on camera the other day was out of order.

The freezing or not doesn't even appear to be a conscious choice with many people. Some people can be brave one day and not the next. I hope he doesn't eat his firearm as the slang goes. Nothng else to say.

He is the sacrificial lamb. Whether or not he fuçked up, whether or not anyone else would have been heroic or frozen to the spot with fear, who knows? But Fùckwit Trump is using him as a convenience whilst failing to address the issue/problem at hand.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
He could emigrate to Canada, where they don’t usually machine gun (semi automatically assault) children while they’re at school

Or almost anywhere else except Pakistan or Afghanistan.

He is therefore just a small pawn in a large game. I'm not dismissing him as expendable, I'm merely being my usual mistrusting cynical self.