Holbrooke: our goals in Iraq are...

#1
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/04/AR2005120400965.html

"I'm not prepared to lay out a detailed policy or strategy," said former U.N. ambassador Richard C. Holbrooke, who was widely considered the leading candidate to be secretary of state if Sen. John F. Kerry (Mass.) had won the presidency last year
...
Holbrooke preferred to talk about goals -- reaching a point at which U.S. troops are not participants in a civil war, while still protecting U.S. interests in oil, regional stability, counterterrorism and Israel
So British forces in Iraq defend ... what?
 
#2
KGB_resident said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/04/AR2005120400965.html

"I'm not prepared to lay out a detailed policy or strategy," said former U.N. ambassador Richard C. Holbrooke, who was widely considered the leading candidate to be secretary of state if Sen. John F. Kerry (Mass.) had won the presidency last year
...
Holbrooke preferred to talk about goals -- reaching a point at which U.S. troops are not participants in a civil war, while still protecting U.S. interests in oil, regional stability, counterterrorism and Israel
So British forces in Iraq defend ... what?
Holbrooke is without a shadow of a doubt the most arrogant fcuker in Washington- Republican or Democrat. His "We wouldn't be in this mess if I was in charge. I can't give you an answer but just listen to how fcuking wonderful I am" approach to the question is typical. 99% of the people in the Clinton Administration thought he was a chopper.
 
#3
crabtastic said:
Holbrooke is without a shadow of a doubt the most arrogant fcuker in Washington...

"While nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer, nothing is more difficult than to understand him."- Dostoevsky
Anyway mr.Holbrook is not a fool at all. As a diplomat he knows cost of even one word. Why do you think he declares so openly real objectives of USA in Iraq? Even highly esteemed mr.Bush (whose IQ is much lower) prefers to speak only about 'promoting of democracy' and never mentioned Israel (in context of Iraq).
 
#4
I think the fact that the Democrats can't come up with a viable alternative to Bush's current strategy in Iraq says a lot more about the state of Iraq than it does about the Democrats.
 
#5
KGB_resident said:
crabtastic said:
Holbrooke is without a shadow of a doubt the most arrogant fcuker in Washington...

"While nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer, nothing is more difficult than to understand him."- Dostoevsky
Anyway mr.Holbrook is not a fool at all. As a diplomat he knows cost of even one word. Why do you think he declares so openly real objectives of USA in Iraq? Even highly esteemed mr.Bush (whose IQ is much lower) prefers to speak only about 'promoting of democracy' and never mentioned Israel (in context of Iraq).
I didn't say he was a fool, I said he was an arrogant fcuker. (And yes, it takes one to know one.)
 
#6
For once I agree with you, Crabtastic. Putting him down when he was rude to one of our more senior folk lightened up one of my CRs a few years back... Didn't help my career, mind you. :wink:
 
#7
Zaphodski said:
For once I agree with you, Crabtastic. Putting him down when he was rude to one of our more senior folk lightened up one of my CRs a few years back... Didn't help my career, mind you. :wink:
Sounds like there's a story to be heard here... do tell. :)
 
#8
Too much personal detail too easily inferred for several people I'm afraid. Honestly it's hardly a thrilling story, just he was a rude fellow who didn't appreciate that we don't like seeing our better senior commanders slagged of by wordsmiths. Over a beer one day...
 
#9
And there was me thinking he was laying into some old folks. Bah.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads