Holbrooke: our goals in Iraq are...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Dec 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/04/AR2005120400965.html

So British forces in Iraq defend ... what?

2. Holbrooke is without a shadow of a doubt the most arrogant fcuker in Washington- Republican or Democrat. His "We wouldn't be in this mess if I was in charge. I can't give you an answer but just listen to how fcuking wonderful I am" approach to the question is typical. 99% of the people in the Clinton Administration thought he was a chopper.

3. Anyway mr.Holbrook is not a fool at all. As a diplomat he knows cost of even one word. Why do you think he declares so openly real objectives of USA in Iraq? Even highly esteemed mr.Bush (whose IQ is much lower) prefers to speak only about 'promoting of democracy' and never mentioned Israel (in context of Iraq).

4. I think the fact that the Democrats can't come up with a viable alternative to Bush's current strategy in Iraq says a lot more about the state of Iraq than it does about the Democrats.

5. I didn't say he was a fool, I said he was an arrogant fcuker. (And yes, it takes one to know one.)

6. For once I agree with you, Crabtastic. Putting him down when he was rude to one of our more senior folk lightened up one of my CRs a few years back... Didn't help my career, mind you. :wink:

7. Sounds like there's a story to be heard here... do tell. :)

8. Too much personal detail too easily inferred for several people I'm afraid. Honestly it's hardly a thrilling story, just he was a rude fellow who didn't appreciate that we don't like seeing our better senior commanders slagged of by wordsmiths. Over a beer one day...

9. And there was me thinking he was laying into some old folks. Bah.