Hol4H Auction - 1 x brand new STEELBEASTS licence/software

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by smudge67er, Sep 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I enjoyed STEELBEASTS so much that I bought my own licence. Then found out I'd won the competition hosted by Ronin

http://www.arrse.co.uk/gaming-software/165146-win-free-steelbeasts-copy.html

So I am going to auction the copy I won for charity. All proceeds to Hols4H.

The game/simulator really is very good, and is both fun for the novice (me) yet if you want to play full tactics/squadrons etc then it's complicated enough for the Tankies out there.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it (my bold):

Steel Beasts is the name for a family of tank simulators created by eSim Games for Microsoft Windows.
    Its subject is contemporary combined arms tactics (with emphasis on modern armoured fighting vehicles) at a company scale. As a consumer game, it is a genre mix of strategy game, action game, simulation game, and wargame of fairly complex gameplay.
    Steel Beasts (More colloquially known as SB to its fans) is distinguished from other simulators by a faithful reproduction of tactical manoeuvres and Fire Control Systems as well as various other military facets than when compared to other simulatiors. The sound samples are mostly authentic having been recorded from some of the actual Armoured Fighting Vehicles depicted in the sim. The two main crewable vehicles depicted in the original Steel Beasts are the German Leopard 2A4 and the American M1A1 Abrams,known as M1A1(HA), However there are numerous NATO vehicles including M2 Bradleys and the Marder Infantry Fighting Vehicles, NATO Support vehicles include the HMMWV and the M113 APC. Warsaw Pact Vehicles include the T-72 and T-80 MBTs, BMP1 & BMP2 IFVs, BTR-80 APCs and BRDM scout cars. Steel Beasts Pro has added to this family of crewable vehicles these being the Bradley and M113 (in most of its more widely known guises), with more military training contracts has led to the creation of more vehicles being modelled in the sim, these include the newer Leopard 2 A5 model and the CV9040 IFV, both of which are playable vehicles. In addition Steel Beasts also models Helicopters, the CH-146 Griffon, CH-47 Chinook Utility and the Hind, Tigre Attack Helicopters.
    As a tactical simulation artillery is modelled in the sim and player can call in various types of artillery, from conventional smoke and high-explosive rounds, to DPICM and the FASCAM minefield system.
    SB also includes a scenario editor which allows for programming of random or condition-based behavior in the computer-controlled units. Well-designed SB scenarios therefore have a high degree of replayability. In addition to the scenario editor SB also contains a map editor for creating custom maps depicting different terrain types.
    Customized versions of Steel Beasts have been adopted by the armies of Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Chile, Canada, Australia, Spain and USA for training purposes.

Some screen shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is also a massive online community where you can play online against other players. There is also a massive download area on the Steelbeasts website where you can download shit loads of missions for free.

The auction will run from now, until a week Sunday (25th Sep) and will end at 1900hrs (uk time)

No reserve.....get to it.

Attached Files:

2. Whats that silver thing on the cover?

3. You can't play the software without the "silver thing." It's part of the software licencing to combat Piracy.

Essentially a coded USB stick

4. Cool, a dongly type thing then. Since I have my bank things sorted out, I will kick of proceedings at 10 squidlets

5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

Thanks for this great item, Smudge. :thumleft:

And thank you for your bid, Cabana. :)

6. Thanks Rockape. This would cost you $110 if you were to buy it direct from the developers...........you also have the added bonus of getting RPG ambushed by Terry on the new missions that you can download. The dirty donkey *******.

Another plus side is that you get to brass up Afghan Khandaks muckers with the .50 cal :)

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

£35.00 despite the fact that you've managed, probably deliberately, to get a reflected image of your cock into the photograph.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haha, hadn't realised. However, it's my pinky finger. My cock's much bigger than that ;)

9. ..... £40 ......

10. Good work Rockape

11. £50...the shiny thing intrigues me.

12. I bet it does you pervert......great bid.

13. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

Thank you, Rockape. :)