Hogwarts with Guns

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. I thought this was going to be a prequel to the Harry Potter books, where Tom Riddle joins the Hogwarts CCF and gets touched up by Slughorn, and thats what turns him evil.

Let down.

3. "Fellow officer cadet, 24-year-old Will Bright calls Sandhurst "man school". He says he still feels like a boy and hopes Sandhurst will turn him into a man."

"Officer Cadet Batty"

I think a journo is taking the piss here!

4. "Ian also struggles with the correct way to leave a room after talking to a superior officer. This protocol includes a salute, the phrase "leave to carry on sir please", a turn and march"

Please ?

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

"As we have discussed strategy and tactics forward from the Hellenic-Romano period, today we are going to look at the difference between what one might generalise as the military type and the civilian type, throughout the historic period"

"Could that be compared to the difference between Pure/Half-Bloods and Muggles, staff?"

"Very good OC Potter...very good...seems that prep and public school education wasn't a complete waste of time"

"Staff...can we use it on our CVs...perhaps we could call the Academy Hogwart's..?"

"...hmmm...perhaps not...there's quite enough paranoia about the craft, the art, the masons, and general conspiracy theories without you aggravating it..."

"...what if we right royally take the @#!*% staff..."

"... @#!*% artists as it were..."

"...it might work...but it might be too obtuse for most people..."

"...MUGGLES!"

"...quiet down..."

"Yes staff."

(edited because I've not read any Harry Potter books, more a J.R.R.Tolkien/J.T.K.Eladrien type of fellow...)

6. The guns at RMAS were crap. At my boarding school (which bloody well was Hogwarts) we had the .303, which was superer than the SLR.

What a crap article.

• Like Like x 1
  7. "Ian also struggles with the correct way to leave a room after talking to a superior officer. This protocol includes a salute, the phrase "leave to carry on sir please", a turn and march"

If ever you wanted to reinforce the stereotype of the gormless, inbred cretin within the officer corps, this is your opportunity. Thank heavens its not true (he said, whilst putting on spectacles whilst still holding a pen and so blinding himself).

• Like Like x 1
  8. More like "Carry on up the Khyber!"

Deffo taking the piss!

9. We had Uzis and Scorpions in Manchester

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I didn't realise that 'The Grammar' had Israeli and Czech connections, although there is quite a big Jewish community; bloody EU expansion really means interesting weapons in the CCF armoury hey...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got my Persec now, you bugger!

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ahhh that's how you knew MTS...you're shit at Sports!!!

13. Had a good captain of the first cricket XI though!

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest mate I should have probably gone to Manchester Grammar as I was born in Manny, and I'm quite @#!*% at team sports, quite liked sculling tho'...and I was not too bad at fencing, tho' was often told off for flick hits...