Hodden Grey Material - How do I find the MoD contractor

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BuggerAll, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

My Hodden Grey kilt has been destroyed by moths and I'd like to get a new one made but I cannot find a supplier of the material.

How do I find the which supplier the MoD uses so I can approach them directly.

2. Forgive me if I should know by your avatar(?) but what is a Hodden kilt, ie what regiment do you want?

Q.

3. BuggerAll

4. BuggerAll

That's the webpage for the DVD show. I looked up the number for the DC on thier MoD web page but they have published the wrong number.

5. Follow the link... scroll down.... see the phone number and email for the Sqd Ldr at Endsleigh!

6. It's been a long time since the Hodden Grey material was anywhere near grey in colour, it has been a nasty Salmon Pink for a while.... the Officers Blues (rarely used, if ever, when I was with them) jokingly referred to as the 'Pink Panther Suit'.

7. BuggerAll

I would be quite happy with a less pink tartan more like Elcho's original but you can't get that either.

8. Why not call up RHQ London Scottish and ask them? They may well have some regimental supplies (for the Ps & Ds) that they can give/sell you.

Got to be easier than talking to contractors who probably only deal in 1000 yard rolls....

9. I guess you could try contacting the Toronto Scottish. When I was with them in the 1990s Kilts were issued but mess kit was individually ordered/bought so someone may have an address for a supplier of smaller quantities of Hodden Grey material. We also wore the older shade you're looking for.

The Toronto Scottish Regiment Home Page