Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by snowball, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. snowball

    snowball Crow

    Considering joining the army and am a mad keen hockey player.anyone got an info about hockey teams in the army?cheers
  2. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

  3. chris951

    chris951 War Hero

    Regimental team - Corps Team - Army team - Combined Services team.

    Plus, if you are posted to the right place, you can play club hockey also. I did.
  4. snowball

    snowball Crow

    does the RAMC have one?
  5. chris951

    chris951 War Hero

    AMS - Army Medical Services is the Corps team.
  6. snowball

    snowball Crow

    Thanks for the info
  7. blue_nose

    blue_nose Crow

    It really depends on which Corps you join! Once you have completed your basic training, you will then go to one of the phase 2 training schools. If you join the REME, then this will either be SEME Bordon or SEAE Arborfield. SEME has an average team, but SEAE has a strong team.

    Most years they win their local league, the Craftsmans cup, the 4 Divison cup and do well in the Army cup.

    That being said, you cannot join a Corps purely because they have a strong hockey team, but the REME will give you a vocation that you can use when you get out, as well as a faster promotion rate than most other Corps.