Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Lancialfa, Dec 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody have any pork hock recipes..... :?
  2. excellent stuff... cheers.
  3. Cheers anyway pal..... you should definately put some of those up though!
  4. Just roast them coverd in honey and mustard, works for me, in slow cooker with peas. Comfort food
  5. I'm with tropper on this one - roasting them slowly makes the meat a bit sticky. I buy them roasted from the half chicken van that parks near us and have it with crusty bread. Good, simple nosebag.
  6. Ive just decided to give it three hours with a pint of henneys cider, its about half way through now!
  7. Some years ago my brother and I where working on a motorway and I put 4 hocks and a load of peas and onions with a cople of pints of OLD ROSY in a slow cooker before a 12hr shift. Trough the weather we got rained off and went to the pub, this happend for 2 days, So the hocks had been in the slow cooker for 48 hrs When we finaly rembered ,well it was a sort of pinky green jelly tasted great just looked like puke
  8. Boil it, this stops the ham from going dry, but put in the water, cloves, and peppercorns, then before putting in the oven for roast, smear in a maple syrup and honey mix, or dijon mustard. I find this makes a fantastic ham!!