Hobby Drones

The wife has also decided she wants some aerial phots of the hotel and pub for the website / social media, so the purchase of something decent is justified.
And as it's a clearly now a purchase "for the business" it can go down as a tax write-off, too!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looking at it isn't as bad as I thought
There does appear to be a few missing. My workplace definitely has a geofence but isn’t on the map for some reason.

Smaller airfields and the like obviously won’t have them, but the same care should be exercised.

It’s common sense really. As long as you follow the drone code then it’s all good really.

There is still a lot of misunderstanding out there. Everyone seems to think drone = some sort of nefarious spying activity.

I’ve heard stories about people being thrown off national trust land for flying. The fact is it is perfectly legal to fly there as long as you take off and land in public space and aren’t causing a nuisance or disturbance while overflying the property.

It’s no different to photographing something from outside its boundary.

They are just flying cameras at the end of the day. If you wouldn’t photograph it with a normal camera then it’s best not to photograph it with a drone.

There does appear to be a few missing. My workplace definitely has a geofence but isn’t on the map for some reason.

Smaller airfields and the like obviously won’t have them, but the same care should be exercised.

It’s common sense really. As long as you follow the drone code then it’s all good really.

There is still a lot of misunderstanding out there. Everyone seems to think drone = some sort of nefarious spying activity.

I’ve heard stories about people being thrown off national trust land for flying. The fact is it is perfectly legal to fly there as long as you take off and land in public space and aren’t causing a nuisance or disturbance while overflying the property.

It’s no different to photographing something from outside its boundary.

They are just flying cameras at the end of the day. If you wouldn’t photograph it with a normal camera then it’s best not to photograph it with a drone.

We've got the footy stadium and a couple of prisons but the local major airport restri ted area is smaller than I thought.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
According to the map there are only two in the whole of Cumbria. Dockyard at Barrow and Haverigg Prison.

So the entire Lake District is basically a drone playground.

Happy days.

According to the map there are only two in the whole of Cumbria. Dockyard at Barrow and Haverigg Prison.

So the entire Lake District is basically a drone playground.

Happy days.
Bugger, my house is approx. 150 meters from the center of a geofence. :(

I need* an indoor drone capable of carrying a wax phallus (made from babybel wrappers) around the office.

any suggestions for really cheap ones that can carry a small load?

*maybe not need, more of 'really really want because I'm a total child'

...well the proposed restriction from March 13th on flying near airports being extended to three miles will limit the hobby side of things a little more and make it pretty onerous for business flying too....

I used to have a mavic pro, but it fucked off, so I got a parrot anafi which I find is just as good if not better in some areas. Here's a quick look at a local park.

I used to have a mavic pro, but it fucked off, so I got a parrot anafi which I find is just as good if not better in some areas. Here's a quick look at a local park.
There is a distinct theme here of these little toys ******* off when they feel like it.

There is a distinct theme here of these little toys ******* off when they feel like it.
Well my mavic certainly did, and whatever I did it ignored me.
However this one has its own electronic fence which means that if it loses connection and just carries on, it will stop and wait when it reaches the fence. So I set the max distance from the controller for this to take effect. It gives a little more confidence that you may not lose it!