HMS York monitors Russian aircraft carrier 'Admiral Kuznetsov'

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Dec 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Best make sure the dinner jackets and ipods are safe stowed. They might need them.

3. I didn't think that we had a ship left to be 'activated'. Glad to hear it. I feel safe now.

4. rearrange these words into a sentence:
    Bolted
    Door
    After
    Horse

5. Well, it is a tad embarrassing when a BFO Russian aircraft carrier parks off Kinloss for a spot of sightseeing and you're 1000 miles away.

What's that you say?

Why didn't the Nimrods out of RAF Kinloss keep a tab on these Russian chaps and shoo them away?

Apparently, we don't need maritime patrol aircraft no more…

6. How long did HMS York take to get there? Can we afford to have our ships sailing round at full speed or did the Captain have to set the cruise control and cross his fingers?

7. How can you spin this nonsense to people who actually know HMF is no longer fit for purpose.

If the Russians decided to they could probably wipe our fleet off the map many times over. Admit it. We're has beens.

8. HMS York's Commanding Officer, Commander Rex Cox, said:

"Our presence is a clear signal to the Russian task group that the Royal Navy is active and alert around UK waters and we will continue to monitor their activities as they make their way south."

HAHAHA It's like the regular in your local who can't stand up, insisting "I ain't fuckin' drunk! Hic!"

• Like Like x 3
  9. What will York do if the Kuznetsov does something naughty? I wonder how many shells she has in her magazine... Does it have any missiles onboard? Is it fitted for but not with spoons?

• Like Like x 1
  10. She will just call in fast air and they will drop on it, but the have the rooskies got anything to be naughty with?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm pretty sure that whichever Russian sub is in the area will make light work of York given her complete lack of ASW suite.

I hope it doesn't though, one of the Killick gunners on there still owes me 80 quid for a whore I bought him in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 1
  12. One over the hill brit tub vs Russian carrier. tough one

13. How ******* embarrassing, not our pathetic response but the fact it's been spun as anything other than that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. not to worry,rumour has it steam has been seen comming from HMS Belfasts funnel!

• Like Like x 1
  15. However more alarming issue our early warning defense/alarm system is down, due to the high winds and rain, the wood in the beacons has become saturated and wont light :-/