HMS York bows out

I like the bit about us taking a ship which is about to be taken out of service to show of the RN's capabilities to French military students.

And then there was one.

Really is the end of an era as the last of the Cold Warriors bow out.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Goodbye Pompy Fat Knacker Gas Queens who belch smoke and general make dockyards look untidy and smell.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
How do you do Guns on a Type 42, in fact even on a T45... just asking...
You need to qualify as a Principal Warfare Officer and then be assigned as the PWO(A). Then you get to be Guns. So when the "fetch officer" calls comes in you get to do all the finger pushing and shout 4 5 ENGAGE! ..........

sorry I had a moment then.

You need to qualify as a Principal Warfare Officer and then be assigned as the PWO(A). Then you get to be Guns. So when the "fetch officer" calls comes in you get to do all the finger pushing and shout 4 5 ENGAGE! ..........

Sure

Forgiven

But

gunS is plural...

So question remains...

PWO(A) = Gunnery Officer in old money so onboard known as Guns.

Not sure if that is what you are getting at
GUNS is plural

How many 4.5 inch GUNS do you have on a T42 or even T45... ok

No probs enjoy the horlicks!!!

Krom

Until that point you sit in your cabin learning masses of nugatory drill, if only to try and stop the Killick Gunner looking at them quizically from the GC position when they shout ENGAGE without any rounds in the breech, hoist or loading ring.....

Until that point you sit in your cabin learning masses of nugatory drill, if only to try and stop the Killick Gunner looking at them quizically from the GC position when they shout ENGAGE without any rounds in the breech, hoist or loading ring.....
Grey funnel line feel nostalgic for HMS Rodney.

Sick bag anyone?

Could get a bit bumpy in here

Motto for the 42's: If it flys, it dies!

Oh the joys of 3Q mess- right above the props, anything above 5kts and you had no chance of getting any sleep!