Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMS Westminster

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Torquay is an absolute banger of a run ashore.

The skipper let us hold a JR’s cocktail party in the marquee last time I was there.

There was so much fanny, we ended up exceeding the MCA safe working load of a Type 42 Destroyer and had to start turning the PAS boats back.

Ended up smashing some ballet dancer called Karen. A few weeks later she came to see me in Pompey but my mate sorted me out with free tickets to the Grand Prix so I had to blow her out.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Torquay is an absolute banger of a run ashore.

The skipper let us hold a JR’s cocktail party in the marquee last time I was there.

There was so much fanny, we ended up exceeding the MCA safe working load of a Type 42 Destroyer and had to start turning the PAS boats back.

Ended up smashing some ballet dancer called Karen. A few weeks later she came to see me in Pompey but my mate sorted me out with free tickets to the Grand Prix so I had to blow her out.
JR's functions, as classy as I remember, but I was on boats, so a JR 's function was an Officer of the Day's nightmare :) Fun times.

Can't they make the ships out of the same stuff they use for submarines, they always look smart when they come back into port.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
You're on the wrong side of the hill. You should be in Kingswear with a pair of bins making shouty calls to the Commodore because some Officer Cadet hasn't pulled up the fenders on the picket boat within 3 nano seconds of slipping the mooring jetty.

"Whaler number seven. The bowman's not wearing his jersey!"

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
We could always nip down to B&Q and get a few tins of paint and spruce the old girl up like this:
1595355580029.png

On a more serious note, Wezzy is 26 years old and IIRC had a "design life" of 15 years. In practice the 23s have been extremely useful ships. If the 26s are as good, we wil;l be well served.

As someone familiar with the properties of brine I can say that it possibly the most corrosive materials on the planet to more or less anything over a period of time. Even stainless steel is attacked by brine and pinholes.

Nice to get so many replies and insulting folks over the internet is easy, but hey ho....

Been on exercises, got the T-shirt and if the ship had been closed up at defence watches for a several weeks??? that would explain things, I accept what one poster said about sailors might not paint the ship anymore as that would explain this condition but surely there is still some sort of pride about how a ship looks?

The attached images hopefully show the two Chinese frigates I saw crossing a very calm Bay of Biscay and yes, these ships had also been on exercise with the Russian Navy and no doubt had been away from home a long time but look at those ships...View attachment 491330View attachment 491331y and were now making there way home.

For all you Internet warriors that are hurling insults, compare her condition to that of HMS Westminster and yup, I could post any number of images of Royal Navy ships that are just as immaculate but it just saddened me to see Westminster looking so tired.

Very smart......but are they any good?

Hi
This frigate has been anchored in Torbay over the week-end and if this ship demonstrates the standards of the Royal Navy, then all I can say is thank goodness we have an Army.

When warships were fighting in the South Atlantic, appearance played second fiddle, but this week-end there was clearly no fiddle player on that ship!! I thing looked so tired on the outside, what must it look like on the inside?

A couple of years ago we were crossing the Bay of Biscay, and it saddens me to say we saw two Chinese frigates plus tenders, all sailing south. These ships were immaculate, not a trace of rust or 'tired' paintwork. What has happened to our once senior service? Are we not proud of our ships? Do we not take frigate in our home?

If it don't move paint it
If it does move, salute itView attachment 491262

Is this ship off to the breakers?
Welcome mate. Sluggys would have loved you.
Good first post...

Not

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
Welcome mate. Sluggys would have loved you.
Good first post...

Not

Sluggy would have chosen a tasteful choon for the occasion.

Then sliced his fµcking face off and rinsed him with vinegar...

Just wait till the OP finds out that there's no written order for the appearance and consumption of sandwiches in the wardroom and other messing areas. Nor an enforcement policy by the crushers.
knife&fork.jpg

I'm with the OP! Great 1st post mate.

If you don't keep these Matelots busy, they start pushing rulers up each others bottoms, playing freckles and masturbating over digestives!

They also eat weird shit like hammy eggy cheesy, instead of the good old British Banjo.

All the Armys vehicles are painted on a (too) regular basis. Come on lads, stop looking for the rivet, and get some decorating done!

Rum, bum, buggery and the lash is too good for them!

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
They also eat weird shit like hammy eggy cheesy, instead of the good old British Banjo.

Saturday lunch in the wardroom at HMS Excellent, the day I (and four other lucky victims) went up for Fleet Board.

Cheesy hammy eggy, there on the menu. I took it as a good omen (and scoffed the lot).

Five candidates, five passes - looking back it was a good day (not sure it felt that way at the time...)

arfah

LE
Hi
This frigate has been anchored in Torbay over the week-end and if this ship demonstrates the standards of the Royal Navy, then all I can say is thank goodness we have an Army.

When warships were fighting in the South Atlantic, appearance played second fiddle, but this week-end there was clearly no fiddle player on that ship!! I thing looked so tired on the outside, what must it look like on the inside?

A couple of years ago we were crossing the Bay of Biscay, and it saddens me to say we saw two Chinese frigates plus tenders, all sailing south. These ships were immaculate, not a trace of rust or 'tired' paintwork. What has happened to our once senior service? Are we not proud of our ships? Do we not take frigate in our home?

If it don't move paint it
If it does move, salute itView attachment 491262

Is this ship off to the breakers?

With all the crap going on in 2020, this is what bothers you?

Saturday lunch in the wardroom at HMS Excellent, the day I (and four other lucky victims) went up for Fleet Board.

Cheesy hammy eggy, there on the menu. I took it as a good omen (and scoffed the lot).

Five candidates, five passes - looking back it was a good day (not sure it felt that way at the time...)

In nearly 22 years in teh RN I've never eaten a pusser's cheesy hammy eggy.

Latest Threads