HMS Sutherland sailors renovate Tanzanian orphanage

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Nov 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Makes a change from the good old days.....

Admiralty 10th April 1915
    The King has been graciously pleased to approve of the grant of the Victoria Cross to Commander Henry Peel Ritchie Royal Navy for the conscious act of bravery specified below -
    For most conspicuous bravery on the 28th November 1914 when in command of the searching and demolition operations at Dar-es-Salaam East Africa Though severely wounded several times his fortitude and resolution enabled him to continue to do his duty inspiring all by his example until at his eighth wound he became unconscious The interval between his first and last severe wound was between twenty and twenty five minutes
    Supplement to The London Gazette, 10 April 1915
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Why can't the good people of Tanzania renovate they're own buildings? My cousin is off to Malawi to help paint a school, it must be white guilt?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Aahh.....

.....thats nice for them!
  6. Are you the tall one or the short one?
  7. Either way you're not having my phone number.....!
  8. How nice. However, if I were an 8 year old Tanzanian orphan and some bods from the Royal Navy turned up 'improve my life', I would be pretty bloody displeased to find out they intended to do this in a manner that did not involve me having a go driving their BFO war canoe.