HMS Sutherland crew rescue drowning deer

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Would've been a better headline (and I really did read it this way):

HMS Sutherland crew rescue drowning beer

3. Well done them. I hope they are proud of themselves when it catapults through some old dears car windscreen. The ******* things are everywhere and not enough stalkers to deal with them.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

""What the rescue demonstrated was the versatility of my sailors who have obviously benefited from the current period of Flag Officer Sea Training. They showed flexibility, quick-thinking and teamwork to adapt to an unfamiliar situation".

Of course with a bit less versatility and a bit more prowess with a rifle, its head would be on the mess wall and venison would be on the menu......

• Like Like x 2
  5. Don't worry pebbles, there are plenty of stalkers here.....

6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

What a waste of good venison.

The RN has in the past rescued beer as well, as a matter of fact. In 1960 the minesweeper HMS Highburton retrieved a large barrel of same which had floated out of the cellar of Heavitrees' brewery during a flood. It was not drinkable but the brewery generously supplied a replacement which Jack quite appreciated.

7. Oh goody, can I be one too?

8. Sounds like it was a good training opportunity - more realistic than throwing the man overboard dummy over the side.

9. ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

Hmmmm… preversions afoot!

11. Just what you want thrashing-about in a rubber inflatable; something with pointy things sticking out of its head.

• Like Like x 4
  12. To get things back on an even keel; I deliberately killed an antelope this morning.

• Like Like x 2
  13. It swam in there, it can bloody well swim out

14. God bless the Silent Service. Last month helicopters tow starting tractors, this month rescuing deers, next month .....