HMS Queen Elizabeth's captain sacked - for using his official car at weekends

All will be great until they upset the silent assassins and they are next.

With a bit off luck the new CO will follow the old school of taking over from a backstabbed CO - fire all the HOD's for a start and run the ship with a rod of iron until they realise shooting a CO you don't like doesn't necessarily get you one you do. Wont hold my breath for that happening ion Britains new social media fearful Navy
That's it! Make everybody's life a misery. That's the way to get the best out of your men.

Good point but I would hope that any such FOI request could and would be batted off under one or more of the exemptions, and there is no further “public interest” (in its legal meaning) involved.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up, the guardian recently published a non story following a FOI request on night subsistence data.

He can't be that bright. Every man and his dog knows company cars are nothing but trouble. It's the first thing the busies head for. He should have left it on the quay and taken a cab.

I dare say that the Junior Rates coming through now don't miss the tot that much seeing as they weren't born when it stopped.
I have had to explain to some what the tot was.
As has been mentioned before, times change and operating complex equipment whilst under the influence is one of those traditions that is probably best left in the history books.
What, like using a calculator instead of being able to do mental arithmetic? That kind of complicated...?

Fcek off, you're having a laugh; modern kids are more likely to be off their t1ts with other amusing substances than beer/spirits.

@clambuster you have still not told @alfred_the_great, @A2_Matelot, @wafubustard, and the rest of us what traditions are missing, what effect you think this is having, and your ideas on bringing them back.

I believe heir experience of the current state of the RN, and issues that effect serving sailors might be a little but more up to date than yours.

@clambuster you have still not told @alfred_the_great, @A2_Matelot, @wafubustard, and the rest of us what traditions are missing, what effect you think this is having, and your ideas on bringing them back.

I believe heir experience of the current state of the RN, and issues that effect serving sailors might be a little but more up to date than yours.
I’m working with a group POs and CPOs at the moment. They’re all threaders with going away, pension trap and promotion is the only thing keeping them going. The LCIS I’ve met are threaders with going away too but it’s more about spending time back home with their mates. A tot of rum does not come close to the lack of Snapchat onboard.

I did say not without issues and manning issues are the same for almost all militaries, in all countries. So the RN is investing in new ships, new designs, new technology, taking this into account
From my interested amateur perspective, it seems to me as if the Andrew has some of the most capable ships afloat. T26, T45, QNLZ, RFA, MCMV, sundodgers, etc...

I’m working with a group POs and CPOs at the moment. They’re all threaders with going away, pension trap and promotion is the only thing keeping them going. The LCIS I’ve met are threaders with going away too but it’s more about spending time back home with their mates. A tot of rum does not come close to the lack of Snapchat onboard.
English?

Latest Threads