Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMS Prince of Wales To Make Inaugural Visit To Liverpool

ches

LE
Prep on the waterfront is nearly done. Am sat about 50m from it all. PoW expected 1300 for a 180deg spin in the Mersey so she's facing out to sea at the ferry terminal dock. Thats got to be a sight to see.

We've got the crabs here too with a mock up heli & a tiffie for the kids to mess about on. Some proper military blokes too, looks like some drop shorts with some tracked thing. Its lashing it down & i suspect not many will rock up if the weather keeps being shit. Poor feckers dicked onto this duty today will be well pissed off.

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm having the wheels..... oh, wait....

[I can say this because I am a scouser for the hard of thinking]

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
On an industry day on her Monday - looking forward too it...

soleil

War Hero
Photograph: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

HMS Prince of Wales passes Crosby Beach in Merseyside: the figure in the centre of the photo is one of the 100 cast iron figures scattered along the shoreline at Crosby and which together form Sir Antony Gormley's sculpture, Another Place. The figures are based on Gormley's own naked body. He has said that the installation is his response to the individual and universal sentiments of emigration -the sadness at leaving but the abundance of hope for a new future in 'Another Place'.

soleil

War Hero
HMSPOWCrosbyBeach.jpg

Dr Death

War Hero
9 months time & a few baby scousers getting called Charles, Charlie & Chas to celebrate the occasion.

Visit has created a lot of interest......all tickets went in 10 minutes I was told.I am hoping to get across to Birkenhead to take a few pics of POW spinning in River,should look tremendous in front of Liverpool Waterfront. eg.View attachment 451509

I think that’s the only time I’ve ever heard of someone “hoping to go to Birkenhead” :)

More seriously, very pleased to see HMS Prince of Wales in the Mersey.

A bit of waffle there.
He is nervous and it shows.