HMS Ocean sold to Brazil

Yes well sad little MP (my constituency [votes] first) deserves what he gets. I like his maths over the sale. I'd say it was more like a car, if you hadn't spend the £60+ million you wouldn't be selling it you'd be scrapping it.

I wonder what Brazil will do, expand their air fleet or scrap their existing flat top My guess the latter as she's 57 years old. [I must read wiki more often this is clearly the plan].

I wonder if we have a 'Falklands' clause in the sale. "In the event... short loan....South Atlantic use only".
No need.

Ocean has served her purpose and is time expired.

This topic has been discussed on arrse since last year,

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/cvf-and-carrier-strike-thread.178170/page-390#post-8103632

The tweets from the Labour MP for Devonport, he has no idea what is going on in his seat, or just trying to score a cheap political point. What future will the RN have if his Jeremy gets his hands on it?????
Luke Pollard is an utter dilbert of the worst kind. Clueless and overly opinionated on matters he has no understanding of. Well suited to Politics then.

Only got the seat because his Tory predecessor, Colvile, managed to be even more inept (managed to get himself a scandal relating to charging a bottle of milk on expenses). You get bored of #FlyTheFlagForDevonport banners very quickly.
I'm impressed the good burghers of Devonport can read that many letters in one go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic has been discussed on arrse since last year,

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/cvf-and-carrier-strike-thread.178170/page-390#post-8103632

The tweets from the Labour MP for Devonport, he has no idea what is going on in his seat, or just trying to score a cheap political point. What future will the RN have if his Jeremy gets his hands on it?????
Luke Pollard is an utter dilbert of the worst kind. Clueless and overly opinionated on matters he has no understanding of. Well suited to Politics then.

Only got the seat because his Tory predecessor, Colvile, managed to be even more inept (managed to get himself a scandal relating to charging a bottle of milk on expenses). You get bored of #FlyTheFlagForDevonport banners very quickly.
I'm impressed the good burghers of Devonport can read that many letters in one go.

I think many of the locals would struggle to get past the hashtag to be honest.

Ocean’s on done 22 years, I’ve had a longer career.

Good burgers in Devonport? Where?

Devonport Library has a fine section on naval history - including naval aviation. I assume it was moved there from the Central Library.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....

Well I wondred if it was something to do with Lloyds' shipping rules and classifications.

Does anyone know what the Brazilians intend to fly from her?

Does anyone know what the Brazilians intend to fly from her?
Helicopters; what else?

A quick Google will tell you what types they have.

Regards,
MM