HMS Monmouth deploys to the Gulf

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. It's only 15 days since she came back from the Gulf. Did nobody consider flying the crew home and saving fuel?

Oops!

3. Penny pincher!

Hardly 'a life on the ocean wave' doing it that way is it?

Ruddy close to cheating actually.

4. Eh? What are you lot on about? She's been through FTSP and been dragged through BOST and DCT so as to be the relief for the Sutherland who's been out since July.

5. Pssst! This isn't RumRation. WTF are these ETLAs?

6. FTSP= Fleet Time Support Period- i.e. dockyard maintainence
    BOST=Basic Opperational Sea Training- getting the ships company used to fighting fires and floods, man-overboard drills, pretending the ship is at war, submarine hunting
    DCT= Direct Continuation Training- pretty much the same as BOST but with a training package tailored for the areas she's deploying to- so as Monmouth is comming out here she'll be pretending to fight Iranians and hunt for kilo class submarines, do a couple of disaster relief exercises, refugee pickups and anything else the instructors at FOST (Flag Officer Sea Training) can think of chucking in there.

7. Thanks for that. Ahhh! Spotted my error. I was reading an article dated 4 Oct 2011, so it's a year and 15 days.

- which the MoD appears to still class as news.

8. Flying crews? Go the whole hog and man it with RAF chappies!

9. Sometimes HM Ships deploying get links from MOD RSS, sometimes they do not. All a bit random.

10. Depends on what they are deploying to do- Falklands / Middle East is more likely to be reported on than say HMS Protector going back to the South Pole after returning from there a fortnight before.

11. If HMS Protector, or any other ship for that matter, went to the South Pole it would be very significant news.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

You and northern-mat need to sit on the naughty step. Him for giving away something the RN's been keeping secret for years and you for drawing attention to his mistake.

13. Sorry Bouillabaisse, I'm already on 9's for leaving the bedding store unlocked during my rounds a couple of weeks back!