• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

HMS Manchester

Just seen a tv programme about Her majesty`s ship Manchester trying to sink an abandoned boat. She fired all her armaments to no avail. then the marines had a go to no avail. then a matelot had a go onboard with a sledge hammer to break a hole in its side to no avail, this is after the company chopper had a go to no avail. Thank fuck we have an army and also a depleted air force. come on Iron duke have a go at me. I have missed the banter

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Just seen a tv programme about Her majesty`s ship Manchester trying to sink an abandoned boat. She fired all her armaments to no avail. then the marines had a go to no avail. then a matelot had a go onboard with a sledge hammer to break a hole in its side to no avail, this is after the company chopper had a go to no avail. Thank fuck we have an army and also a depleted air force. come on Iron duke have a go at me. I have missed the banter
To be fair it was a very big boat they were trying to sink.

Link please.....She was decommissioned on 24 February 2011......

Watching that again, it's genuinely astonishing. I can understand that with it being light and made of wood, it'd float even if you stuck holes in it... But surely hitting it with a 113mm round or seven would have it in splinters? Unless the rounds were just passing through, I suppose.

You also missed the thread first time round. The TV programme is a repeat. The small boat they were trying to destroy was made out of plastic and other floaty stuff. Even if smashed to pieces, the pieces would still float. The only way to sink something like that would be to hit it with a missile costing the best part of quarter of a million quid, thus causing it to melt and sink. Having a matelot chop it up with an axe is much cheaper.

IIRC next week's show features a close up of a female officer while she's wearing her tropical uniform shorts. One of the most gratuitous arrse shots ever seen on a show pretending to be a documentary. Don't forget to tune in.

It would be pretty hard to sink. Looks like a GRP expanded foam sandwich. Unless you blow it to bits to sink it. Bare in mind royal navy has to sink stuff on a budget. US carrier battlegroups please take note. You could kill all on board but the bugger could keep on coming.
Mind you I'd like to see what a vulcan phalanx could do to one.

C

cloudbuster

And just how much did that cost the MOD to ponce about in front of a TV crew looking like a bunch of inept fools?
As one of our very own DS would have told you, had she still been here; "There's no such thing as 'bad' publicity."

Latest Threads