HMS Ledbury destroys mine in Mediterranean

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I often wonder if the MOD select their stories by means of a random number generator.

Step forward the star of the show:

the ship's executive officer, Lieutenant Sean 'Central' Heaton
How I laughed when I saw the nickname...

Wordsmith

Afterwards they all had Chilli for dinner and the sea was pretty calm.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
You all missed the point. The real story is "Royal Navy ship enjoying summer cruise in the Med has long weekend in pleasant Italian port. All this, and pay." Beats Catterick or Aldershot, doesn't it?

For all we know the RN planted the mine around 42. Then waited and waited just for a bit of publicity and a cushey trip to the med. Sneeky bastards.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
You all missed the point. The real story is "Royal Navy ship enjoying summer cruise in the Med has long weekend in pleasant Italian port. All this, and pay." Beats Catterick or Aldershot, doesn't it?
And lots of lovely LSA and LOA as well - don't forget the allowances.

Sometimes matelots even have to put on a uniform and pretend to do warry things. Sod that for a game of soldiers. Where's me ******* make 'n' mend, Chief?

Wrong!!

"I am immensely proud of the efforts of my team and this is a fitting culmination to a challenging deployment for Ledbury working with our NATO partners."

-HMS Ledbury's Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Commander Tony Williams

ugly

LE
A boat destroying mines? HMS Magregor or the Maggie class?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 1
dui-lai Current Affairs, News and Analysis 5
J The Intelligence Cell 13