HMS Grimbsy home from the Gulf

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Have a ******* word...

3. Know a lot about oceanology, acoustic propagation and high definition minehunting sonar do you?

4. Nope, but I know a lot about sitting in a Patrol Base in the middle of the Afghan summer, living off ration packs, with strictly rationed water, no welfare facilities and incoming fire multiple times a day. Lest you think this is me having a pop at the Navy, I can't imagine that being submerged on a V-Boat for months on end in much fun either. Or living in permanent darkness with the British Antarctic Survey.

'Most challenging conditions imaginable', my arse. Especially when you can pop to the Hard Rock Cafe in Kuwait City or TGI Fridays in Dubai every couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well **** me, Roobie you finally make perfect sense!

• Like Like x 1
  6. HMS GRIMSBY? By 'Eck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

is it a mine trawler?

8. You're closer than you think:

9. Poor bastards. "Grimsby." My deepest sympathies. Hope the Andrew give you a bit of counselling.

(BTW, the OP might want to re-arrange some of the letters in the title. They're all there, just not necessarily in the right order.)

10. There's confusion here about what "challenging conditions" is meant to mean.

Challenging living/working conditions? Not really - it's life in a blue suit. Or perhaps "challenging conditions" means difficult for the sonar and other technologies?

11. Sweeper swans around in the sun for 3 years.

One of the Seapersons aboard reported 'they were the most challenging conditions imaginable, we couldn't get any Ambre Solaire for love nor money'