HMS Diamond joins Australian warship east of Suez

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Bloody Aussies are out of station

FK120062005.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pretty ships, the Adelaide Class. Now, I know they still have the Mk13 launcher for the SM1 but since nobody used SM1 anymore can it fire SM2 which I know they have, and if not where's the VLS cells 'cause I can't see them in those pictures in the link... anyone got the gen? I think the Mk13 can launch harpoon as well though but I had thought it wasn't SM2 compatible.

Hmm.

4. From the RAN web:

76mm Rapid Fire Gun
    Harpoon Anti-ship Missiles
    SM2 Surface-to-Air Missiles
    Evolved Sea Sparrow Surface-to-Air Missiles
    Mk 41 Vertical Launch System
    Mk 13 Missile Launcher
    Phalanx Close-in Weapons System
    Nulka, Pirate, Seagnat and Lescut decoy systems
    2 Mk 32 triple torpedo tubes
    Mk 46 torpedoes
    Aircraft
    Up to two Seahawk helicopters

HMAS Melbourne - Royal Australian Navy

Must be all those RN blokes that transferred over ;P

5. I wish the RSS feed was up to date. Dmnd isn't anywhere near the Suez Canal.

6. So it has more ASuW capability than the T45, STWS and, two SAM systems?

Hmm. Much as I like the T45, cant help thinking that they are woefully under armed for the size of the platform.

7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

East of Suez, Prince Albert, can be anywhere from Africa to San Diego.

8. Very true.

9. Bouillabaisse

Being pedantic, in theory Alexandria is east of Suez.

10. But please note, Krakatoa is not east of Java, and the sun does not set over the South China Sea John Wayne.

11. Yeah I found that thanks, its where they've bolted the VLS silos - Because I can see the Mk13 there in the bows and the Melera on top in the same odd place as the yanks had their 57mm - same as the Oliver Hazard Perrys' but... the VLS... hmmm.

12. Bouillabaisse

I have a vague inkling from some work a few years ago that they were looking at a distributed VLS system - hanging them on external bulkheads in essence. But I can't remember if that was Sm2 or Nulka. I shall have a look at my old work books

13. Dear MoD RSS,

Your big grey war canoe (BGWC) is being shown up by an elderly lady. Your BGWC is fitted for but not with feck all really. Wiki is your friend and can we please ask the MODs to stop the overpaid tossers at MB from posting this kind of c..p.

I would rather they be sacked and the cash spent on fitted for and with.

Thanks

Kromeriz

14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

thats a good idea we are having putting smaller ships under our radar envelope so we can claim no need to be fitted with.

are the navy like the army per chance? will they be sneaking over and pinching kit from all these ships we are working with? if so crack on :)

• Like Like x 1