HMS Diamond fires Sea Viper missile for first time

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, May 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. "All of this can destroy a target the size of a cricket ball travelling at three times the speed of sound through the air."

Seems a bit of overkill for a cricket ball. What does it do to an aircraft? How many people outside of England (and India, Pakistan, Windies and the antipodes) know what a cricket ball is? Whilst being unlikely to know what a cricket ball is, will the Chinese, Russians, Iranians, Taliban et al, be impressed?

Is this our secret weapon in the next international cricket test series?

So many questions left unanswered.

3. I never knew cricket ball attacks on warships had become a problem. However I am very happy to learn the problem has been solved. BZ RN

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

You say that but it's being tested up in Scotland.
    No doubt it's lashing boundries all day long.
    What hapens when it goes on tour and comes up against a foreign type with a dubious chucking action?
    Are we going to see the pride of the fleet sink without a trace to cries of "Bowling Mushti"

5. what if it is a googley?

6. Maybe MOD should have called them the Cricket Class?

I name this ship HMS Sir Garfield Sobers, gawd bless her and all who field in her.....

7. Don't forget, we did once have an HMS Cricket - one of the Insect class of gunboats of 1915ish. During the Second World War, she was lost while serving in the Mediterranean, where she and some of her sisters did splendid work supporting the Army along the Libyan coast.