HMS Diamond exercises with her French counterpart

Ministry of Defence said:
One of the Royal Navy's newest warships HMS Diamond has been working with one of her French counterpart near-identical twin ships in the Mediterranean Sea.

More...

More likely to be a glass or two of cheap red plonk.

I'd guess the French version is fitted with weapons though instead of concrete as I believe ours is . Makes you proud
They carry 8x Exocet launchers, and torpedo tubes (anti-sub ones I think) and have two 76mm guns mounted in an odd side by side config, as opposed to the single 114mm/4.5inch we have mounted in a sensible position.

Same Sylver 50 launchers as us. And we have more space to put Harpoon and TLAM on - if we can ever convince the sun dodgers to let skimmers play with what is, for the moment, their own 'special' toy.

We should inform the people at the Oxford English dictionary that "near identical" now means the same things "similar".

They carry 8x Exocet launchers, and torpedo tubes (anti-sub ones I think) and have two 76mm guns mounted in an odd side by side config, as opposed to the single 114mm/4.5inch we have mounted in a sensible position.

Same Sylver 50 launchers as us. And we have more space to put Harpoon and TLAM on - if we can ever convince the sun dodgers to let skimmers play with what is, for the moment, their own 'special' toy.

But why would we put expensive toys on floating fig 11s :)
There are boats and there are targets.
Pity are bots keep running into scotland :)

The 76 super rapids are their CIWS and also have a fairly good pk against hairyplanes unlike our 45 that now has no anti air mode.

Ze phrench however are developing a tres gucchi land attaque missile, SCALP N, variant of Storm Shadow, to drop into Sylver 70, and their FREMM frigates will get a land attaque caoability.