HMS Dauntless set for Falklands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tiny_lewis, Jan 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

.....gay or what?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is it bombed up? Or just bummed up?

• Like Like x 1
  3. No doubt we will be bombarded with news footage of chubby female/male "seamen" crying about being so far away from home with the risk of a punch up and missing their mum/dad/stepdad/lesbian or same sex partner/kids/tatooist etc.

Anyway god speed I hope all that expensive technology works and the corn beef eating football cheating gauchos get a taste of British spunk! Hoorah

• Like Like x 4
  4. HMS Dauntless predecessor was the WRNS training establishment. It is therefore logical that the crew should be all female! that would be enough to frighten the Argies off!

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Will they sink it so Prince William can rescue everyone?

That'll be the Argies told.

6. is it fully crewed? Judging from recent TV, the ship is probably toppers with ITV documentary makers and their fluffers...

7. I heard that tropper is on board, apparently he knows the way round all the well charted rocks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. This thing could shoot down anything in the air before the Typhoons could even get airborne. It's an unbelievable bit of kit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If it had the ammunition to do so... and the crew weren't all documentary film makers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. More to the point, it can shoot down the first 48 things in the air. I fear that the next round of unpleasantness down south may be a joint venture. While the Argentinian airforce isn't up to much, their Skyhawks have been upgraded recently.

That nice Mr Chavez in Venezuela has F-16s and the very latest MiGs in his air force and I'm sure he's keen to liberate any oil that might be under the South Atlantic.

With the best part of 100, missile laden aircraft appearing on the horizon, Dauntless, RAF Typhoons and the Rapier batteries at Mount Pleasant would all be stuffed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just a shame we're only sending one

12. Sorry, but... 4 years for that?

• Like Like x 2