HMS Daring becomes first Type 45 to pass through the Suez Canal

I think that the message is that we have an operational RN ship and it's at sea. The canal bit is an excuse to tell us.

In their defence the 2 seaworthy elements of the RN are now at sea, what with Dauntless chugging its way to the Falklands

Wait till the Islamist government shuts it to Kuffar governments. You'll see every developed nation goading Israel into invading again.

In their defence the 2 seaworthy elements of the RN are now at sea, what with Dauntless chugging its way to the Falklands
I didn't know HMS Victory had put to sea.

"We have trained repeatedly to prepare for this demanding passage.

"The team performed well and the ship made the transit through the Suez exactly as planned; it was a particularly proud day for me in my career in the Royal Navy."
Must be really proud that they didn't crash into the bridge or the banks. Just like the other 50 odd ships which pass through everyday?

[we have trained repeatedly to prepare for this demanding passage.

"the team performed well and the ship made the transit through the suez exactly as planned; it was a particularly proud day for me in my career in the royal navy.

I drove a Land Rover up the M6 the other day. I have trained repeatedly for that demanding passage. Me and my co-driver performed well and my Rover made the transit exactly as planned. The proudest day in my Army career.

I await the call from the MOD press officers imminently to tell the world all about how we also have soldiers able to drive their vehicles in a straight line straight through somewhere designed especially for the passage of said vehicles.

Tune in next week when Flight Lieutenant the Lord Flasheart tells an adoring world how he took off and landed on a different air field without crashing.

Don't detract from his satisfaction at a job well done. I took a cab to Heathrow airport not long ago. The driver told me that he had spent 6 months doing the Knowledge and now had an encyclopaedic knowledge of the capital citys highways and byways. Many of which go in different directions and have one way signs and so on.

I think he would have been glad if London only had one street.

Anyway, as far as the skiff is concerned, lets hope they don't now hit Tristan da Cunha or something and spoil a good record so far.