"HMS Cornwall was busy putting on a media show"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mazoldboy, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hang on... Swiss Des isn't Korean by any chance is he?

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Was Sky actually filming on HMS Cornwall when it went t!ts up?

If not, this is a spurious piece.

3. It's old news that there were press on board that came out on the day as they had interviewed some of the 15 shortly before the incident and showed scenes onboard shortly after they were kidnapped.

4. Mission accomplished then! :D

5. Well now... this is the first I heard of this wrinkle in the tale. I had been rather confused at how the Cornwall was apparently ignorant of the presence of several threat vessels and was assuming that the Iranians had taken to shadowing Navy boarding operations to establish a pattern and make things appear "business as usual."

Media have zero business doing anything but quietly sitting and observing while real world operations are occuring...

6. "Well now... this is the first I heard of this wrinkle in the tale. I had been rather confused at how the Cornwall was apparently ignorant of the presence of several threat vessels and was assuming that the Iranians had taken to shadowing Navy boarding operations to establish a pattern and make things appear "business as usual."

That said, the NAG is notorious for its difficult radar conditions, poor visibility, extremely cluttered and busy shipping picture. Also just because you see a few tiny blips on the screen well inside Iranian waters isn't reason to panic - problem is that they can shift quite quickly to Iraqi waters to become bad guys.

7. All in all this is going to be one hell of a career enhancer for those involved,will sky tv being doing follow up?