HMS Chatham foils pirates

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HarryBosch, Apr 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With patience, guile and no drama.

"Royal Navy warship HMS Chatham has intercepted a hijacked dhow, being used as a pirate mother ship, to the east of the Gulf of Aden and set free its kidnapped crew."

2. Good!
  3. Nicely done! Good to hear some positive PR for the Navy.
  4. Anything about this in the mainstream media?
  5. Why?
  6. Jarr at 6ft 10 in her boots she was extremely scary ha ha

Her bloke was 5ft 5, her daughter 6ft 2 and 20 stone.

The one in the middle was ok though :wink: :wink:

Attached Files:

7. Good effort!

I tend never to knock or have a go at the Royal Navy.

Mainly because we live on an island, and also because my three years afloat in HMS ALBION and HMS HERMES, were bloody marvellous! No, I'll re-phrase that, those years were: 'brill', 'fant', 'triff', 'fab', 'epic' - 'effing marvellous!!!
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Er oi like the look O that tall one. Married is she?
  9. Nay she just ad a ickle blokie in tow.

10. Any chance of this topic being treated seriously?
  11. Yoke, what do you think?
    Picture, three scantily clan maidens .... hmmmmmm

So with the drug bust in 2008, it would seem that HMS Chatham, her ship's company and captain are "thrusters"? (Isn't that the naval term?)
  12. Well done the Navy for getting the boat back...

But wtf was going on here?

Why didnt they do an 'unload' on the twats as they ran away? They'll be back out raiding ships the next day ffs.
  13. Theres a thing called ROE. Much the same way the army isnt supposed to slot taliban after they have dropped weapons and got in a taxi to take them home.
  14. "Under the shadow of close range weapons and RM marksmen" .....could they not have been detained, arrested, or something? Piracy is still an offence surely. Should have slotted them anyway.